• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Anyone IV Adrenaline (epinephrine) before??

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Has anyone every tried IVing it for fun? If so, what did it feel like? What dose did you use? Did it make you feel good? ie. invincible? Able to conquour anything? etc. etc.

Obviously im talking about in SMALL doses. It can be dangerous, just like any drug.

I started "day trading" again about 2 weeks ago and the adrenaline rush is like no other. It feels so freaking good, its insane (id say on par with heroin tbh). I was wondering if injecting pure adrenaine (once again, in small doses) could feel like this?

I found out doing that (day trading and getting the adrenaline rush) helps take my mind off using heroin (cravings) and helped with the WDs some how.

Last edited:
I can only assume itd be like iving coke am i right? But id think coke would be nicer to vein but eh i highly advise against that route mk

I can only assume itd be like iving coke am i right? But id think coke would be nicer to vein but eh i highly advise against that route mk
Thats what I was thinking (amphetamine-like). The stuff I can get is Pharma Grade meant for IV use. There are two types of Adrenaline (at least that I know of). The first is a ratio of 1:10,000 and the second is 1:1,000. The 1:10,000 is meant for IV use since its more "diluted" and is very easy on the veins.

Iv/im adrenaline is nothing like amphetamine. Otherwise you'd see people abusing epi-pens.

The experience is more like a panic attack than anything else. Adrenaline has a very short half life so at least it goes away fast. You get a 'deer in the headlights' look, elevated b/p and heart rate, etc but because adrenaline does not control reward, the experience is not perceived as pleasant.

Norepinephrine, dopamine, and endorphin are also involved in responses to pleasurable/engaging stimuli, adrenaline on its own produces mainly peripheral effects.

I have but as a teen (stolen from emergency room along with other unknown misc to this day).
It wasn't fun for me as it seemed the first little bit started giving me a head-ache so I bailed on it.
Remember BI 62s; Prelude?
Another teen thrill shoot... hahaha

Yeah I can't see it being fun.

Your perception of what you'd call an adrenaline rush likely involves a lot more chemicals than simply adrenaline.

Honestly day trading is probably already the superior high to fucking with epipens. The enjoyable sensation you're looking for is probably more akin to a stimulant/mild opioid feeling than anything you'd get from epinephrine.

Day trading as in using technology and research to keep a step ahead of the stock, commodity, bond, and foreign exchanges as the day progresses from the open in Wellington, New Zealand to the close of the NYSE and Toronto Stock Exchange? The rush which comes from that is epinephrine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, serotonin and dopamine, and maybe some endorphins as well.

When I was in hospital as a kid for a series of severe asthma attacks, I remember the adrenaline feeling speedy, but what really put my mind at ease was when they came in with a syringe full of hydromorphinol and shot it into my IV line, and I soon forgot the stimulation, but being older and wiser I know there was some kind of speedball effect. Then at 21.30 every night I was there I would get my hydromorphinol with hyoscine (scopolamine) mixed in as I responded very well to the Scophedal injection in the triage area . . . now that was the da bomb! When it hit the base of my skull I started to feel like Jesus' nephew.

Once I put some oxymetazoline drops into a big load of morphine I was getting ready to self-administer (under doctor's orders) and it stung and realy didn't do anything. I did get the strongest nose spray I could find and mixed it with a 135 mg/ml hydromorphone solution and bob's your uncle, a Dilaudid nasal sprayer. It worked like a charm with dextromoramide too.

Last edited:
Ahhh I see, so there is other things at play when adrenaline is released into the blood streem then. Probably should have knew that lol definitely a fail moment!

Thanks for the replies!

In short, this is not at all what you think it is and I'm not trying to be condescending. I delivered hospital supplies to various departments as a summer job and you better believe I injected all kinds of weird shit.

My dentist hit a vein with the anesthetic, which contains epinephrine. There was a rush, but not an enjoyable one. I was overcome by fear and fell into a panic attack.

The pleasure of dopaminergic stimulants comes from the dopamine more than the stimulation, as opioid folks who like Bolivian Marching Powder and Ritalin can tell you.

One interesting tangent is that everybody from German scientists of the 1920s to William S Burroughs to yours truly have observed that oxycodone has an almost sui generis cocaine-like effect in addition to the morphinomimetic ones which is present as a faint echo in oxymorphone . . . I suspect it is the oxygen bridge on the molecule which may have something to do with it.