• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone interested in trying 25x-NBOMe

Would you eyeball pure LSD and then complain that its not a fun drug because you accidentally put 163 doses up your nose? So why do this with something that has been linked to hospitalizations.

The difference is lots of people have taken upwards of 163 doses of LSD and come out the other end pretty OK. 163 doses of 25x would surely be lethal. Heck, 16 doses of 25x might be lethal. Taking any microgram-potent psychedelic is playing with fire, but these 25x series strike me as playing with dynamite.

people need to be cautious and careful - no externalization of responsibility.
check and double check the supplier and the dosage recommended.
in good faith suppliers are giving a bit extra (but usually as free samples) and healthy doses.
the experimenter should start very small, 1/4 to half the blotter.
and work up slowly.

I can't believe how many reports you posted from people of eyeballing the 25x-NBOMe substances. Talk about reckless!

Oh, and I don't think Ismene was being condescending, he was just saying maybe real death feels different from what we think of as death-like psychedelic experiences... it was just a thoughtful question. I don't get how it was condescending. :)

The difference is lots of people have taken upwards of 163 doses of LSD and come out the other end pretty OK. 163 doses of 25x would surely be lethal. Heck, 16 doses of 25x might be lethal. Taking any microgram-potent psychedelic is playing with fire, but these 25x series strike me as playing with dynamite.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. LSD won't kill you, but it can definantly make you go insane, maybe not violent or suicidal (in most cases) but still 163 doses of anything, no matter how safe is just not a good recreational activity. Now apply that same logic to a chemical that has killed and hospitalized many people in the 2 years it has been out and theres no question about it that these people are either irrisponsible or uninformed. I'm just saying that until further studies prove otherwise, the real danger is in the user, not the chemical itself.

And I'm not defending the NBOMe series, I find the potential for it to fall into the wrong hands very disturbing. I'd much rather people stick with the 2C-X chemicals, but all I'm saying is these incidents are a result of underestimating the dangers of eyeballing or overdosing.

Last edited:
My thoughts on this are: nobody would eat 10 hits of acid at once and expect everything to be okay, so why are they taking up to 10 times an effective dose? Most of these 25X compounds are almost too active at 1mg... 500 mcg (0.5mg) is a better dose for many.

It really doesn't surprise me that there's a high incidence of bad side effects when peoiple are "eyeballing" doses, laying blotter without experience, etc.

Good point man ^ Contrary to popular belief, i think NBOMe's make terrible starter psychedelics, because they lack that profoundness at reasonable dosages that shrooms and LSD offer, seems like it'd be much easier to unknowingly overdo it looking for effects that aren't there... You know, the psychedelic effects... I like 25i and i usually dose 250ug-2000ug but most often 500ug, but it definitely feels disproportionately taxing compared to some other phens and and tryptamine.

If 500ug 25i is a common dose needed to trip, then why would anyone ever take 5-6mg. That would be like taking 1 gram of MDMA to roll (10x the recommended amount).

I'd say the "profoundness" varies from different ones. 25i is honestly just garbage in my opinion but I have had some great realizations on other ones. I've even reversed an LSD induced ego death with 25c, although I think they're more just party / low on money drugs and the "profoundness" is a lot less common, but does happen on occasion.

Also I have taken a gram of MDMA. Very irrisponsible of me but at least it was something that has been used commonly for around half a century and well reasearched. It sure as hell wasn't a fun experience but I blame myself for that, not MDMA.