• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

anyone have pubmed access to this document? krokodil analysis

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
The harmful chemistry behind krokodil: Street like synthesis and product analysis.

I would love to read this paper. I can't afford to pay 35 quid for it. I am researching in advance of starting university in September studying chemistry and pharmacology.

Science direct won't recognise my email address as valid for registration.

thanks man. big help, paper is cool. I'm trying another paper, might need your help if it doesn't work!

I did read it about 5 years ago. 5 samples. 2 had NO desomorphine, 3 had 0.5-3%. 6 methyl morphine was detected along with various iodinated and pseudomorphine. Ironic - use DHC and it works fine....

Last edited:
I'm guessing there is enough of a potency increase to make conversion worthwhile.

I did read it about 5 years ago. 5 samples. 2 had NO desomorphine, 3 had 0.5-3%. 6 methyl morphine was detected along with various iodinated and pseudomorphine. Ironic - use DHC and it works fine....

I remember reading the same paper and this article is a different one. As I understand in this study they found that the route does work and didn't report any side products aside from 3-desoxy and N-desmethyl derivatives of desomorphine. From what I remember, in the other paper methyldesorphine (a positional isomer of 6-MDDM) was found to be formed in substantial amounts as a side product which suggests that the conditions of the reaction are quite rough. In comparison according to this paper the reaction seems to be relatively clean in comparison (well, if you can isolate the product of course...). What the? I don't remember the name of the other article, I suppose I had it archived somewhere but I can't seem to find it either at the moment.

The allyl alcohol is the issue, I looked up the reactions between HI and allyl alcohols and the work was really old and not at all clear. I would LOVE to know how the 6 methyl arrives. Like I said, it was years ago, before Krokodil was even mentioned outside 1 Russian Journal. It seems like the Russians will find a way to make DIY opioids whatever you do. Juat replacing the 6 -OH with a -Cl makes it x10 more potent (but more toxic) but I'm going to suggest that certain neuroleptics or loperamide will be the new starting point. If you replace the ketone with a benzene on the semi-rigid neuroleptics, you get sn opioid for sure, but I don't think that it's kitchen chemistry. I say this because I read a book on the work of Janssen.