• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone have a similar side effect from smoking crack?

bossassbabe

Greenlighter
I have only done it occasionally, so I'm pretty new to potential side effects. Last time I did it, after partaking quite a bit of hits, when I was taking a hit it felt almost like my body was involuntarily blowing out (but I wasn't). It's very hard to describe, but I'm just seeing if anyone has had a similar feeling? Maybe I did too much and my mouth and throat muscles are tense? Obviously numb, but it always feels like that so why might this time different? It's actually turning me off from the stuff, which I'm not mad about. LOL

Not exactly knowing what you mean when you say "blow out" it's hard to relate. However, it's not uncommon for the stimulation from cocaine to cause lots of muscles (especially the diaphragm but anywhere, really) to contract, which might create whatever feeling it is you're describing.

Could possibly be a manifestation of akathesia. This is where you have uncomfortable sensations of needing to move your muscles, a type of restlessness. I don't know if you would relate to this though.

Thanks for the responses. Update, it FELT like i was blowing out involuntarily but turns out i was involuntarily sucking IN hard, but the sensations were mixed likely from what you all have said above. My muscles are likely numb as well as strained from trying to maintain that perfect inhale and backfired. I'll take it easy.

Bro, I see folks in the ER a lot with this. Usually when you come off cocaine (smoked) or smoke crack you can get this RLS "itchy joint" weird involuntary muscle twitch that can make you crazy like an itch you can't scratch. If you were my patient I would give you a Benzo like Valium or stronger and that would fix it in 30sec. I would send you home with strong advice and a weeks worth of whatever I used.

If that happens when you are getting high you may be taking too much (like most everyone) and your body is going nuts or your crack is cut with something not good......find another source because I cant cure what I dont know.

Just understand I know drugs. Some folks can only cope with them. But even clinical grade pure medicine is bad for you.....we weigh if the benefit outweighs the risk and make a decision. But even too much water (H2O Hypoxia......more than 2gal an hour and dont pee type of thing) can kill you. So just go easy and be careful. Your body will tell you of something is wrong or right. Not judging. I just have called time of death a lot of times on folks who use too much or their dealer cut it with rat poison.

PM for more info. Be safe.

Doc

Thanks I genuinely appreciate that. I am a successful marketing director, and I honestly just dabble, and know that no one is above addiction, but that's why its once a month or so as of recent. I take precautions and havent done more than a half gram split between my bf and I for the night then that's it til next month. But I also have klonipins, 5mg that I'll use strictly for things like that. I'm also a firm believer that if you want to successfully use substances, recreationally, TAKE CARE OF YOUR BASIC BODILY FUNCTIONS PEOPLE!! That means drinking plenty of WATER, eating, and sleep. But for real, I'm new here, but it's nice to see people here acting as the site is intended and showing compassion and wanting to help someone take care of themselves, without judging but also not sugar coating. I also usually just use dab pens while taking any other substances because I find it gives you a different, but often better high, and keeps you from craving other shit as much and keeps you down and relaxed so you dont get in a pickle being too up and wanting to come down (you know responsibilities, comfortabilities, whatever the reason). Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Also, I determined I was pulling IN involuntarily but I was numbed and couln't feel the difference at the time, so I determined my throat and lung muscles we tired and to take it easy.

Stay safe and educated folks! Thanks.

That actually sounds kind of like it, my neck muscles literally would not relax no matter how much I tried. I'm taking it easy, I'm not trying to hurt myself, just feel good, so I appreciate it.