• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone had HPPD? This is killing me.

ykim768

Greenlighter
I'm suffering from constant visuals from HPPD and really need to know if anyone had been through this. My main symptom is palinopsia.
Everything I look at leaves me an after-image, the walls are always shimmering and look like slightly breathing/moving, and I see patterns as well.
My vision is covered with thick visual snow, which greatly reduced my night vision and makes all these visuals so much worse.

It had been 6 months since I got HPPD yet I have not seen any improvement with my symptoms. Of course I've been staying sober from all drugs including alcohol and caffeine, and had been to several doctors and done lots testing however they found nothing wrong with my physical health. I'm planning to see another neurologist for a second opinion, and a psychiatrist to rule out any mental illness, but I'm feeling hopeless about my situation.

When do I expect to see improvement, if at all? I'm doing everything I can to stay healthy however everything is gradually getting more severe.
Please help.

There can be many causes for what you're experiencing. When did they start? Are they similar to hallucinations you've had? Have you had any head injuries? Do you have a history of seizures or other family members perhaps? And yes a neurologist seems like your best bet to me.

There can be many causes for what you're experiencing. When did they start? Are they similar to hallucinations you've had? Have you had any head injuries? Do you have a history of seizures or other family members perhaps? And yes a neurologist seems like your best bet to me.

It started in February, and it gradually became more severe up to this point. I've never had any sort of injury, and there is no health issues with my family members. I've already been to a neurologist, but unfortunately he could not help me with anything.

I recommend a second opinion especially if he didn't run diagnostics. Also consider an ENT for an extensive eye exam.