• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids anyone get these side effects from kratom?

RIP ST. BUK

Greenlighter
when i first started i used to get this like charlie horse type symptom in whatever muscle i was using, like if was standing my calves would get this swierd spasm feeling and my teeth would hurt, all my teeth would get this pain kinda like blood wasnt getting to them , was awful.

i dont get those two symptoms anymore but now at like T+3 hrs i get this weird feeling like a jittery kinda messed up feeling almost like a glitch in matrix LOL feeling, and feeling like my eyes go outta wack, like they wanna just move and jerk however they want ? and i feel like i have to put effort in not exploding, being disintegrated or losing cognition or something , i cant describe it

anyone else get weird side effects from kratom?

Sounds like it could have been cut with Tramadol by the vendor imo. Perhaps the first signs of a potential seizure. This cut is fairly common and very dangerous. I would highly recommend against using it any further.

Related Reading
The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Last edited:
SOME of that stuff sounds normal, i take quite large recreational does and get definite shakes, feel unbalanced, definitely get the vision stuff get some of the negative effects you might expect from stims, i get some of the shit you mentioned, its not really unpleasant when you get used to it. To me this is a normal and simply a sign of being nicely fucked up. God damn i love Kratom

I take Quite a Large amount of Varying strains of Kratom on a Daily basis and I have Never gotten the "wobbles" as some people like to call it.. then again I have an extremely reliable source who is extremely trustworthy and does not place any additives in their leaf

Only side effects for me gave been slight shakiness/unsteadiness in my hands, and inability to orgasm :(. Sounds to me like either a random adverse reaction to the Kratom or some added chem. Perhaps contact your vendor and ask if they have heard about anyone else having similar issues.

I take Quite a Large amount of Varying strains of Kratom on a Daily basis and I have Never gotten the "wobbles" as some people like to call it.. then again I have an extremely reliable source who is extremely trustworthy and does not place any additives in their leaf

I dont think the wobbles would be additives. Take 40g worth of tea made from plain leaf and see how fun walking is

I would suggest trying different strains and/or vendors. God only knows what some vendors add to "natural" products such as kratom.

Definite shakiness whenever I did it that increased with dosage. Was trying to treat a stretch of rather nasty anxiety attacks that had been plaguing me for months, but I found it to be quite useless as soon as the jittering got underway.

Mitragynine causes nystagmus, and myoclonic jerking, due to it's effects on the adrenal system. 7-HO mitragynine, being a much potent MOR agonist, can ameliorate some of these symptoms. The ratios vary from leaf to leaf, and so do people's reactions to them. Sounds like you are taking too much, kratom has a ceiling to it's positive effects, it is self limiting.

Mitragynine causes nystagmus, and myoclonic jerking, due to it's effects on the adrenal system. 7-HO mitragynine, being a much potent MOR agonist, can ameliorate some of these symptoms. The ratios vary from leaf to leaf, and so do people's reactions to them. Sounds like you are taking too much, kratom has a ceiling to it's positive effects, it is self limiting.

thanks for the info

I take 30-40 grams of Leaf per day.. plus various Extracts mingled within and have never really experienced much in way of nystagmus, although I don't doubt it can happen.. I am currently on day 1 of Withdrawing from my 30 gm a day habit that I have taken for over a year.. No Sleep 2nite dispite the 12 pack of busch Ice I just drank

when i first started i used to get this like charlie horse type symptom in whatever muscle i was using, like if was standing my calves would get this swierd spasm feeling and my teeth would hurt, all my teeth would get this pain kinda like blood wasnt getting to them , was awful.

i dont get those two symptoms anymore but now at like T+3 hrs i get this weird feeling like a jittery kinda messed up feeling almost like a glitch in matrix LOL feeling, and feeling like my eyes go outta wack, like they wanna just move and jerk however they want ? and i feel like i have to put effort in not exploding, being disintegrated or losing cognition or something , i cant describe it

anyone else get weird side effects from kratom?
Okay so I just dozed about 5 grams of Meng Da about 4 hours ago and yeah dude
My freaking teeth 🦷 are killing me like seriously.
And tbh I don’t think this is the first time this has happened but I do believe it happens more to me if I drink alcohol during the same day I do kratom

Also I do believe the stogies are apart of this problem as well just to add more clarity on my situation,

I remember the first few times trying kratom it was like my body didn't know how to digest it, and I'd get these HORRIBLE intense stomach ache pains for hours. Those went away luckily. So the body take some time to figure out how to digest such a strange material imo.

At this point sometimes I just get some dizziness here and there, very slight nausea at times, and as other people said "the shakes." Not necessarily my body shaking, but just an overall edgy feeling that is dysphoric in a way. They're all very slight, and as long as the stomach pains that felt like I was being stabbed in the belly don't exist anymore I've just come to accept kratom as an imperfect drug.

I drink alcohol literally on kratom whenever I do drink. I've done it at bars before haha. Everyone's different but the two don't seem correlated? Some of the symptoms you described as super foreign towards anything I've felt or known people to feel on kratom. Honesty some of these side effects seem pretty awful. Do you need kratom in your life or something? I would stop taking it if I was having these things happen to me tbh

I have definitely felt those teeth symptoms even On my moderate dose of kratom. I usual take 5-7g every 6 hours and after the third dose I can’t help but constantly chatter my teeth to the point the jaw pain is similar to when I had braces on years ago, pain and teeth chattering goes away once I stop taking it though so I can tell there is a direct correlation. Also, I get intermittent heart pain.

Typically I dose Kratom for 9 days then go back to regular opiate hydromorphone for 5 days. Long time addict over 15 years and this routine is working best for me to keep tolerance down and avoid any significant wds.

Sounds like it could have been cut with Tramadol by the vendor imo. Perhaps the first signs of a potential seizure. This cut is fairly common and very dangerous. I would highly recommend against using it any further.

Related Reading
The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2
Cut with tramadol? Really now! I'd say that would be a good bonus if I actually knew how much I was taking

Used 15 to 20g of Kratom daily from 2013 to 2016 and never had any side effects besides nausea now and then. Quit using all opioids in 2017, including kratom, as I met new people and ventured into the realm of amphetamines. In any case, recently I decided to get some bulk kratom, cap them, and eat 15 or 20 500mg caps for old times sake or whatever. It's about 2 hours later and I have a definite tremor in my hands that I never noticed in the past. While I have been on methamphetamine perpetually since 2016, it has never caused this particular tremor before, even at high doses the occasional muscle spasm from stims is different from this hand tremor I just got tonight after taking Kratom, and after reading others experiences I am confident it was the kratom, maybe due to adrenergic agonism by some of kratoms alkaloids related to their similarity in structure to yohimbine, and the fact that it was taken with amphetamines in my case. Nonetheless, it's not a big deal, I'm not going to shit myself in the corner over it.