• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Anyone get random DMT taste or smell for a week or so after use?

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So I was just wondering if this was only me or not, but after the use of DMT for about a week or so after I'll always get the taste or smell of DMT. You know, that nasty, burn plastic or rubber smell. After a week or so it pretty much goes away but in rare occasion I'll get it again; this usually happens when I'm smoking a cigarette or some bud. Happened earlier today and it's been about 2 months since I've last had and Dimitri. Just wondering if it's only me.

Yes happens to me all the time. Makes me think the elves are following me around

Yep, me too.
I think, now that I know what DMT smells like, that I notice things that smell like DMT more now, but before smoking/extracting that same smell would've gone unnoticed.

Last edited:
Yep, did some DMT for the first time in about two years the last two weekends, and I've randomly been smelling DMT multiple times throughout the last week. Strange

Yep, me too.
I think, now that I know what DMT smells like, that I notice things that smell like DMT more now, but before smoking/extracting that same smell would've gone unnoticed.
Yeah the first thing I thought when i smoked dmt wasnit tastes SO familiar.

I actually every so often just get a brief instant of strong, intense DMT flavor/smell, just a split second but it's powerful. I haven't smoked DMT in like 2 years. It is a familiar taste/smell, I noted that when I first smoked it and now I think it must have something to do with endogenous DMT function. I mean although the claims of massive releases upon death and speculation and unfounded, we do know our brains produce some trace amounts at least, it probably serves a function. I can remember that taste/smell from being young sometimes but after I smoked DMT I realized it was the same.

I've noticed the DMT taste and smell in my mouth before, usually within a few weeks after smoking it. My guess is that it's indole from bacteria in your mouth.

Funny you should mention that. No, I've never had that from DMT (or DPT/MET/MiPT/DiPT.) With EPT, though, I got ghost EPT smell off and on for roughly a week. Fortunately both the smell and the experiences were pleasant