• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone feel less tolerant to flower because you usually smoke wax?

turkalurk

Bluelighter
I would think the higher concentration on THC in the wax would make me more tolerant o flower. It kind of makes sense though because I feel the same way about smoking the same strain. The fresher one always seems to have a stronger effect.

Weed still gets me super stoned but in a different way. I find I have a naturally low tolerance these days though, despite heavy consumption of all forms of cannabis.

When you smoke weed you are smoking the plant and all of its various terpenes, cannabiniods, etc. This causes a tolerance to all of the plant constituents, when you smoke wax you are smoking mostly THC so you only get a tolerance to that one chemical component of the plant. Although the cannabiniods have cross tolerances they probably aren't 100% cross tolerant which would perhaps make someone who almost exclusively smokes wax more sensitive to the whole plant.

Weed tolerance is strange, for the first 3 years of smoking I never gained a noticeable tolerance even though I smoked frequently. I could get really ripped off of like ~50mg of good bud. I took a break for a couple years due to mental health issues and when I came back to weed my tolerance had at least tripled even though I hadn't touched it for years.

Dude yes, when I vape dabs I miss flower so much. Dabs are just too intense for me. I like it I guess... but I miss the flower high

Weed tolerance seems very selective to me. I use an edible product daily at 70mg thc, it is made from trim like most extracted products so it contains everything that survives the decarbing. If I don't use it but smoke instead (not weed from the same crop), one puff gets me high and I go much higher from smoking vs edibles. I seem to have no tolerance to smoking at all but I can eat almost any amount of edibles and just be high for a long time but not as high as from smoking.

I've been using this product for 6 months, previously I was using oil from a different crop and I could smoke and barely notice it. The thc and cbd contents are identical and the extraction is done the same. The only variation is the crop which is cloned, the batches are cloned off of previous generations and I am several generations apart with my two oils.

I love being able to puff and be high it seems like two separate tolerances now but it wasn't always that way I'm wondering if there are other canabinoids that are at play in ways we aren't yet considering.

I really enjoy small doses of concentrates during the day and then high quality flower in the evening. A very relaxing schedule. It was kind of tough figuring out the right dose with concentrates at first, but I found a sort of sweet spot.

Anyways, I enjoy being able to enjoy the more nuanced and subtle characters of the flower in a way that isn't possible if I were to use it earlier in the day. But using wax or something during the day and then switching to flower keeps it nearly as distinct as if I hadn't used any cannabis earlier that day.

All I really want to do is smoke hash though =D