• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone experienced with oxy and subutex help please

razordesignz

Bluelighter
So I take 40mg of oxy a day prescribed I am need a dose increase though snd may run short before my scheduled appointment and I have to wait. I have a few subutex leftover, wondering if I can take subutex like the next day after running out of oxy just for 4 days . Not suboxone pure subutex. So I wonder if I start subutex start oxy too soon I'll get sick like with suboxone. If anyone is experienced please help. Thanks

Truthfully, both Buprenorphine (Subutex) and Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone) can cause precipitated withdrawal, so I wouldn't consider them drastically different in that regard. We can't give you a precise timeframe regarding when it will be okay to dose the Buprenorphine. You must wait until you are in fairly severe withdrawal to be safe. Luckily, you're not on a terribly high dose of Oxycodone.

To answer your original question though, they will both make you sick by the same mechanism, so be careful.

I am usually fine to take sub, after like 12-24 hrs after my last full agonist opioid, such as oxy... even in very high doses. just because I have a pretty rapid metabolism I believe.. But I would at least wait a full 24 hours to be on the safe side, before taking any sub.. And after taking sub, then switching back to oxy after being on the subs will only block the oxy if the sub is still in your system, not make you sick.. its only if you take sub too soon after oxy, that you need to worry about PWDs.. Hope it works out for ya man.. good luck.

Thx guys I think I'll be good counted snd I'll be fine with 4 a day just short my appointment day by 1 for a few hours