• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone experienced this on cocaine

Whatonearth

Greenlighter
Hi all, new user here looking for some advice...
I've used cocaine pretty much every weekend for nearly ten years.
Recently I had what I can only describe as a near death experience. It was the end of the night & I went to bed and began the whole rigmoral of trying to go to sleep while you're absolutely off your head.
All of a sudden I found myself struggling to swallow and then my tongue almost had a life of it's own and it was trying to go back down my throat & choke me. The only way I could stop myself from choking on my tongue was to bite it and hold it in my teeth. I really thought I was going to die, it was horrendous. It lasted for around an hour and then I managed to relax and eventually fell asleep. It's really scared me & I havnt touched cocaine since !
Sorry for the long post ! Has anybody experienced anything like this themselves !? Thank you

I haven't no, sounds fucking horrendous tbh :eek:

I have however experienced plenty years of stims, on and off, enough to know that 10 years weekly of that drug is gonna take some kinda toll for sure, so perhaps this is a natural parting of the ways for you and the white lady

Can't say I have and that sounds terrible! Perhaps you had some kind of allergic reaction to a new cut?

Hi all, new user here looking for some advice...
I've used cocaine pretty much every weekend for nearly ten years.
Recently I had what I can only describe as a near death experience. It was the end of the night & I went to bed and began the whole rigmoral of trying to go to sleep while you're absolutely off your head.
this bit stands out for me - I mean I've never once in gazillions of binges tried to sleep when "absolutely off your head" -

If you ever have coke again maybe don't try and crash until you are properly down, might help your experience

Thanks guys it was really bad & completely shook me up. I thought it could of been a stroke or seizure of some sort (nothing like a good old google search to diagnose yourself 🤦🏻‍♂️)
The only positive thing to come out of it is that I havnt touched coke since coz im shit scared that if it happens again it'll be game over !
Maybe it needed to happen for me to finally quit for good.
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated 🙏

Welcome to Bluelight @Whatonearth.

It's weird that it crept up on you like that... like wouldn't this all happen right after doing the coke as opposed to once you're about to fall asleep?

Which makes me think.. could it be that the back of your tongue was so numb from the drip?

Welcome to Bluelight @Whatonearth.

It's weird that it crept up on you like that... like wouldn't this all happen right after doing the coke as opposed to once you're about to fall asleep?

Which makes me think.. could it be that the back of your tongue was so numb from the drip?

Thanks 👌👍

Yes it was really strange I'd been drinking and doing lines all afternoon & night and then when I tried to go to bed at about 6am, bang it hit me !
I've seen my Doctor & was totally upfront about what happened and she had never heard of it before either.
I might of just completely over done it & my body was just reacting badly but it's never happened before so really disturbed me.
I'm 41 years old now so maybe time to behave myself !
Onwards and upwards.

Thanks 👌👍

Yes it was really strange I'd been drinking and doing lines all afternoon & night and then when I tried to go to bed at about 6am, bang it hit me !
I've seen my Doctor & was totally upfront about what happened and she had never heard of it before either.
I might of just completely over done it & my body was just reacting badly but it's never happened before so really disturbed me.
I'm 41 years old now so maybe time to behave myself !
Onwards and upwards.

definitely sounds like you have overdone it and also were not relaxed enough to be in bed trying to sleep

just in case you are unaware I'll point out to you that the cocaine plus alcohol combo results in another drug being produced via the liver called cocaethylene, which is on another level toxicity wise than either drug by itself (2+2=6 in this scenario)

EDIT - the vast majority of deaths from caused by cocaine have alcohol heavily in the mix - take care

definitely sounds like you have overdone it and also were not relaxed enough to be in bed trying to sleep

just in case you are unaware I'll point out to you that the cocaine plus alcohol combo results in another drug being produced via the liver called cocaethylene, which is on another level toxicity wise than either drug by itself (2+2=6 in this scenario)

EDIT - the vast majority of deaths from caused by cocaine have alcohol heavily in the mix - take care

Thanks bud, it was an eye opener thats for sure and perhaps something that after all these years needed to happen in my life to push me to change my ways.
12 weeks now since it happened & so far so good. Not been tempted once but it's kinda haunting me what happened hense me stumbling across this site and asking for advice.

Thanks for your help 🙏