• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Anyone experienced such rapid tolerance?

ErgotFiend

Bluelighter
My girlfriend two days ago had about 30 milligrams of psilacetin (4-ACO-DMT). Within less than 20 minutes of her peaking, she had a boatload of smoked dmt. I would estimate around 60 milligrams. It had no affect on her whatsoever. It did not end her trip, but it did not like intensify it in the slightest.

This came as a surprise, since first of all I was under the impression that she was still peaking when I gave it to her. Secondly, I have done the LSD DMT combo many times and had glowing experiences. My friend has specifically combined 4-ACO-DMT with DMT and it worked then.

My best bet is that some sort of rapid acute tolerance occurred. The receptors that the Psilacetin was no longer bound to had shrunken back into the synaptic membrane. Meaning the DMT kinda just bounced off of it.

The next day, wanting to experience some sort of DMT trip, she had some more smoked. Again I packed a ton of dmt into the machine. Only mild cognitive effects followed, no visual to speak of.

I was expecting some tolerance, maybe 50%, but nothing this extreme. I am sure within two weeks it will reset as always, I was just not under the impression that tolerance could be so extreme.

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Has your girlfriend successfully smoked DMT in the past? It can be tricky to get right depending on the method.

I've only combined LSD with DMT and never felt a tolerance issue, I was under the impression that base Tryptamines were unique in their lack of cross tolerance.

I suspect maybe the DMT wasn't wasn't smoked or vaped correctly assuming it's good DMT, or there is something else going on here.

DMT doesn't seem to produce or interact with tolerance from other psychedelics in my experience. I've combined DMT with LSD and mushrooms a dozen times and never had any issue.

Although, I'm not sure about 4-AcO-DMT specifically. I don't think it would be significantly different, though.

used the batch of dmt many times with no issues. gf has broken through on more occasions than me, using same hardware. Super fat clouds, but no effects most recently.

used the batch of dmt many times with no issues. gf has broken through on more occasions than me, using same hardware. Super fat clouds, but no effects most recently.
Assuming she did get high on the 4-AcO just fine, I honestly have no idea.

DMT doesn't easily degrade, I've had batches last years.

Bit odd here.

I'm curious, is it freebase DMT or fumerate?

I always found oral DMT to be an absolute bastard tolerance wise - I always took it orally and it can be weeks if not months before your tolerance goes down to so you can have a full trip again. I know some people claim you can take ayahuasca every day but that certainly wasn't my experience. But I was taking big doses of DMT - probably 5-10 times more than anyone takes in ayahuasca.

4aco when you take a decent dose of it is exactly the same as oral DMT so maybe that had taken up all the receptors before the smoked DMT hit them.

4aco with LSD works well.

I always found oral DMT to be an absolute bastard tolerance wise - I always took it orally and it can be weeks if not months before your tolerance goes down to so you can have a full trip again.
I've never dosed DMT orally, so I'm not sure, but the reason smoked DMT doesn't really produce tolerance is because show how briefly it agonizes the receptors. It's only attached for a few minutes, unlike other psychedelics or oral DMT which are attached for several hours.

I've smoked DMT several times in the same day, on top of tolerance from other psychedelics used that day, or the day before, and never noticed any amount of tolerance to DMT itself. Although it might be difficult to assess such things just based on the nature of how powerful DMT is. If vaped DMT does produce tolerance it is minor or negligible.

I never tried smoking it - I like to experience it for a few hours physically and mentally and get out for a walk in nature on it. But oral DMT did always cause nausea - just doesn't seem to be any way around it. . 4-aco-dmt was an absolute godsend - every bit as powerful as DMT and zero nausea. But the price of 4aco is so high now I've had to abandon it except for very special occasions.

There is something unique about the "presence" DMT has - even more than mushrooms - it's like you are in contact with some hidden part of yourself. Last time I took it it had been a few months and the inner voice was saying "Where you been? We've missed you so much - are you ok?" and I was just laughing in incredible euphoria.

Assuming she did get high on the 4-AcO just fine, I honestly have no idea.

DMT doesn't easily degrade, I've had batches last years.

Bit odd here.

I'm curious, is it freebase DMT or fumerate?
Super odd I agree! I used the same DMT a week before with no issue. It's free base.