• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Anyone experience negative side effects from benzos and dissociatives?

HipsterLink

Bluelighter
Hey, I'm hoping this is the right forum to ask this. I recently tested out some methoxpropamine (MXPr) and deschloroketamine and experienced normal dissociative effects from each. I had some clonazolam on hand to use for comedowns and after a near-hole experience with the dck I took a quarter tab of clonazolam (.125mg) to try and help me fall asleep. After 10 minutes I decided to take another quarter tab just to make sure it would kick in fully. Within 20 minutes I was experiencing an increase in psychedelic effects, a noticeable rise in my heart rate, and extremely unsettling sensations running up and down the left side of my body and head. I took a look at my stash to make sure I hadn't somehow accidently eaten a tab of acid and confirmed it was a half tab of clonazolam missing, not any acid. I also noticed an increase in energy, not manic like I've experienced with MXP before but more like a need to move around to discharge some of it. Throughout the experience I was fighting off the feeling that I may have been overdosing, and unsurprisingly I was dealing with a rising panic. Eventually by turning the lights off, focusing on my breathing and listening to music I was able to make it through the worst of the effects. Overall the psychedelic disturbances and frightening body sensations lasted 2.5hr or so. I would normally chalk this up to it being an effect of a reasonably large dose of deschloroketamine since I have had no prior experience with it, but I have experienced similar effects when combing a benzo with ketamine while still experiencing strong effects from the K. Though that time was nowhere near as terrifying. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar when combining these two types of drugs?

I have used the clonazolam 4 separate times now, each time feeling the anxiolytic, sedating effects one would expect from the substance. I was under the impression that benzos are safe(ish) in conjunction with dissociatives but maybe my brain handles them differently from normal people? When the clonazolam kicked in it felt distinctly psychedelic, as if I had taken a tab of reasonable acid. I am very experienced with dissociatives, having done my fair share of ketamine, MXE, and MXP, psychedelics ranging from LSD to the 2C family to the various tryptamines (4-ho-mipt, 5-meo-dalt, mushrooms), and moderately experienced with benzos (xanax, clonazepam, diazepam, temazepam). I intend to try deschloroketamine again in a much smaller dose (maybe 25-30mg) to see if I experience anything like this without the benzo, but the timing for when the negative effects took hold leads me to believe it was some sort of interaction between the two. One more interesting thing to note was that before I placed the tab in my mouth my saliva was sweet tasting, something I have also noticed every time with MXP. As soon as the tab touched my saliva I could feel it bubbling on my tongue, which has not occurred the times I took solely clonazolam. For ideally full transparency here I am also currently taking suboxone daily at a dose of 0.25mg. I had taken approx. 80mg of deschloroketamine intranasally in a series of 4 lines (the first being less than 10mg to gauge low dose effects, after an initial allergy test).

I had a similar horrible feeling in my heart and one side of my chest when i took a handful of (i think it was 6 pellets) of flubromazolam sublingually to sleep while on either ketamine, diphenidine or mxp, cant remember which.
It was disturbing and felt like i had really gone too far and was in serious trouble but it soon wore off.

Id taken all kinds of LARGE dose mixtures of benzos such as clonazolam, flubromazolam, alprazolam, diazepam, etizolam, deschloroetizolam, diclazepam, temazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam, pyrazolam, nifoxipam, possibly more, alongside LARGE doses of ketamine, mxe, mxp, tiletamine, diphenidine, ephenidine before, never once had that feeling.

Note i had already consumed about 5 flubromazolams (i cant rememher the dosage of the pink pellets) and probably at least 10mg etizolam, and 3mg clonazolam that day. 🤷‍♂️