• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone ever try Mitragyna Hirsuta or Mitrayna Javanica (they are related to Kratom!)?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I only just today found out that there are at least 2 other types of Mitragyna related to Kratom and I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and how they compare to Kratom?

The two I heard about are called Mitragyna Hirsuta and Mitragyna Javanica.

One vendor sells Mitragyna Hirsuta under the name "Kra Thum Kok" and says it contains something called Mitraphylline which is a similar alkaloid to the ones in Kratom.

I can't believe I never heard of these before but now I am thinking of maybe buying some of the Hirsuta.

One Kratom site online said that the Javanica is supposedly MUCH weaker than Kratom, but I don't know about the Hirsuta.

The following is one of the quotes from one vendor about the Hirsuta:

"Kra Thum Kok

(Mitragyna hirsuta)

Commonly used parts: leaves. Closely related to Mitragyna spec. (Kra-tom). One of the few herbs that are both stimulating, energizing, euphoric and relaxing. This herb contains Hirsutin.

Mitragyna hirsuta is a genus of trees in the Rubiaceae family. The tree is tall, and is found in parts of Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. Members of this genus contain indole alkaloids, which have antimalarial and analgesic properties. The leaves of the Mitragyna Hirsuta tree, called Kra Thum Kok, have long been used as a folk remedy and are known for both their stimulating and sedating effects. Small doses stimulate the user, while larger doses, have a relaxing, sedating, and pain relieving effect. This is a much safer and healthier alternative than the highly addictive opiate and opiate like substances, which produce the same effect. The leaves are either brewed with hot water or are chewed, sometimes with betel nut (Areca catechu); to achieve the stimulating effect. The plant also contains a number of alkaloids including Mitraphylline, which has been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer."

After looking it up more it turns out there are a whole bunch of different Mitragynas and not just those 2, there's also Ciliate, Ledermannii, Parvifolia, and Inermis.

It certainly seems odd to me that no ones seems to know of these or talk about them, but maybe that's because they don't work??

I've already seen the two species in the thread title for sale online and if I can afford them now then I'll purchase some and try it.

If not then sooner or later I probably will one way or another and will report on the effects.

Last edited:
Yeah a tiny bit and they didn't do much, but I don't know if they were bad products or not.

Maybe other brands would work better who knows.