• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone ever tried Qualia?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Ok, first of all, has anyone on this site heard of this herbal concoction sold by a certain neuro-site called "Qualia"??

It's basically just a big combo of vitamins and supplements sold at what is probably way more than it's worth by a site that claims that it is better for helping a person reach their potential than anything else out there.

It's part of a whole scene that I am new to called "neurohacking" which seems to be about more than just drugs but also machines and brain technology which really fascinates me (I have a Photosonix Novapro which I really like that is a machine with goggles and headphones and many settings where the lights from the goggles are synchronized with binaural beats to produce altered states and it goes REALLY well with drugs....several years back a guy wrote a book called "Into the Void" about combing that and multiple other brain devices with drugs like Ketamine, LSD, shrooms, salvia etc"...

Anyway, the point is, I just got a small sample of this supplement which includes the following:

Vitamin B12
Artichoke Leaf Extract
Rhodiola Rhosea Root Extract
DL Phenylaline
Centrophenoxine
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
Pure energy (90mg caffeine)
L-Theanine
Noopept
DHEA
Coleus Forshkholli
BioPQQ (Pyrroloquinaline Quinane

Whatever the effects of this are are claimed to be some great synergy of all these things and some people who have taken it say it is really incredible and gives them all this great energy and makes them feel like the guy in Limitless.

Obviously the guy who makes it is trying to make a buck or two, but whether it's scam or not who knows.

So I only have a little and I want to try it, but it says on the bottle "Warning: Do not take if you're under 18 years old, take an MAO inhibitor or SSRI"

Well, I take 40mgs of Lexapro daily which is an SSRI, but I REALLY want to try this stuff so I am trying to figure out if anyone more knowledgable than me might know which of these ingredients might interact negatively with my SSRI and if so, whether or not it's TRULY dangerous to take it while on my Lexapro, or if I'd more likely than not be ok.

Some like B12, Artichoke, L-Theanine and Rhodiola I know are fine.

I am thinking that perhaps it might be the DL Phenylaline, Centrophenoxine or Pyrroloquinaline Quinane which it might interact with, but I know nothing about any of those things.

The directions are to take 3 capsules before eating anything in the morning and I only have 15 capsules.

So I was thinking that IF I want to risk it i might start by taking one capsule one day before eating, then if that's fine the next day 2, and then finally if that's fine the next day 3.

I'm guessing more likely than not I'd feel sick on 1 or 2 before something bad would happen on 3, letting me know not to keep taking it.

I am just wondering if anyone knows which of these things it might interact with, or if they have ever taken Qualia before or know anything about it.

Thanks

Im not trying to be a buzz kill but while I never have taken that I have tried almost all of those and after looking at the site from the perspective of someone with nothing to gain or lose if you take it or not it looks like a scam.

"No claims are made about the safety of this product, nor are any medical or psychological benefits claimed."

Noopept may influence cognition however, they have not demonstrated that they truely have noopept. If they claimed to sell 100 % noopept then it could be tested evaporation point, solubility ect but this is a blend and they site examine a great website but not a good enough source for a drug. Imagine your doctor said hes zoloft I based it off reading a brief wiki type page.

Overall the cost is huge, the safety is questionable, the reoccuring monthly sign up screams scam, they do not take any responsibility like rx drugs like zoloft that they are safe and effective.

I'm also not trying to be a buzzkill, along with D1nach, but I think that it's inadvisable to take this. There are over a dozen different ingredients, each with the potential to kill through a negative interaction. That's an intense statement, sure, but it's apt I feel. I think that if you really, really wanted to try taking it, you could try getting off your SSRI and then do so safely, but I don't think it would be worth it.

There are ingredients like the -racetams that are included in this formulation that have more or less been proven to assist in cognition, but that can be had for a comparatively dirt cheap price, no more than $20 for a month's supply from a reputable vendor.

Not to mention, this whole thing is screaming bullshit at me at such a volume that it's impossible to not hear it. They have a slick website, but the rest of the operation is transpartent from where I'm standing. I would definitely try products out one by one to find out what works best for you. I feel like you could easily cut a product with something like Phenibut, make people feel good and then claim it's actually the other 27 ingredients working in concert producing positive effects.

I'm also not trying to be a buzzkill, along with D1nach, but I think that it's inadvisable to take this. There are over a dozen different ingredients, each with the potential to kill through a negative interaction. That's an intense statement, sure, but it's apt I feel. I think that if you really, really wanted to try taking it, you could try getting off your SSRI and then do so safely, but I don't think it would be worth it.

There are ingredients like the -racetams that are included in this formulation that have more or less been proven to assist in cognition, but that can be had for a comparatively dirt cheap price, no more than $20 for a month's supply from a reputable vendor.

Not to mention, this whole thing is screaming bullshit at me at such a volume that it's impossible to not hear it. They have a slick website, but the rest of the operation is transpartent from where I'm standing. I would definitely try products out one by one to find out what works best for you. I feel like you could easily cut a product with something like Phenibut, make people feel good and then claim it's actually the other 27 ingredients working in concert producing positive effects.

Yeah, I REALLY do not want to fucking kill myself so maybe i shouldn't take it, so the fact that I have a small bottle of just a couple pills and I'm curious is warring with my desire not to hurt myself or die lol.

Of course it does scream "scam", but I figured for $10 it was worth a shot, figuring I'd never spend $150 on a month supply unless it was the greatest thing on earth, but I still have a few i could use.

So can I ask you: which ingredients in this could have a fatal interaction with my SSRI??

THAT's what I really want to know.

Because I have been on SSRIs my whole life and every drug I've ever used I've taken while on an SSRI and luckily been safe so far.

Some of it has been luck before I knew about researching drugs and this site, since then some of it has been knowing what to avoid, but one thing is that a lot of things people say not to combine with SSRIs CAN be used with them SOMETIMES safely.

I was using Dexadrine FOR YEARS on Prozac and Lexapro before I heard it is sometimes not advised to take on it, but I'd also been prescribed that before and know others who used Adderall on an SSRI.

So I am never quite sure what I REALLY should NEVER take on my SSRI, and what might really be ok.

So which of the ingredients is dangerous??

And if this stuff DOES produce a great effect (for the sake of argument) which of these ingredients do you think is most likely responsible for this??)

I mean on their website they actually include mention of all these other ingredients not on the bottle.

I'm such a sucker for a good website like that, and not to mention that some of the devices they mention are interesting as well, but those at least wouldn't be dangerous.

So yeah, if you know what ingredients in there are the dangerous ones and the ones that might give the drug effect let me know.

I may have to flush this stuff down the toilet so my curiosity doesn't get the better of me, cause i could very easily see myself taking it otherwise...

The reason isnt that the chemicals are likely to kill you its that they are not willing to take on any legal responsibility if they do kill you. If I baked you a cake and first had a disclaim I assume zero responsibility that this cake is safe and will not cause serious harm and am not liable for anything that may happen to you if you eat this cake. Would you eat it because its probably safe

The reason isnt that the chemicals are likely to kill you its that they are not willing to take on any legal responsibility if they do kill you. If I baked you a cake and first had a disclaim I assume zero responsibility that this cake is safe and will not cause serious harm and am not liable for anything that may happen to you if you eat this cake. Would you eat it because its probably safe

Well if it was Kratom that we were talking about I’d take it regardless of their saying they have no legal responsibility.

There’s probably several or many drugs people on this site take where the vendors won’t take on legal responsibility if you overdose or have health concerns, and even if they did that would be of no consequence that you could sue them if you die or get life long health conditions from using it.

So I’m not concerned about a vendor’s not taking legal responsibility if something hurts you: only if I PERSONALLY think the ingredients will kill me.

So that is why I am interested in which chemicals in it could interact badly with my Lexapro, and If I was not on Lexapro I’d take this stuff without a second thought as it doesn’t seem that dangerous by itself.

I am surprised that this would be the argument you’d make as you are clearly quite intelligent, because I would strongly assume that as a drug user over 90% of the dealers or vendors you’ve bought substances from have NOT been willing to accept legal responsibility if you overdose lol.

It’s been a while since I bought a hard drug other than weed on the street as I stick to somewhat safer drugs, but back when I used coke a few times in college I’d have liked to see the dealer’s face if I had said “in such case as I have an overdose on this coke, are you willing to assume legal responsibility and pay my medical bills if I end up in the hospital??” HAHAHHAA

He’d have been like “ummm, by the very fact you are asking that I will never talk to you again” lol……

I mean hell, even if you kill yourself with alcohol or cigarettes how will you be compensated by anyone for it?

You won't.

So I was just interested in which chemicals in the "Qualia" were likely to cause a fatal reaction.

But if Keif Richards feels so strongly that that is true I will probably toss the stuff, even though I don't want to.

What I mean is that cigarettes and alcohol can kill you but they are cigarettes and alcohol how could you possibly know that they use noopept, that the herbs dont have adulterants, where they get these chemicals from. If you smoked a cig and got liver failure duebto heavy metal poisoning due to the tobacco they would be In trouble. If it was kratom either its like the physical plant or a extract and they could show where the kratom is from and have it verified by third parties other then the fda.

I guess I can see your point, still not sure how much it ends up mattering because I'm thinking first and foremost about if I can safely take something, not about monetary compensation if it fucks me up.

I'd say if you think it's going to really hurt you you won't go ahead and take it because the vendor assumes legal responsibility, but purity is an issue to be concerned about for sure so I get what your are saying about what they might add to it.

I am still curious for Keif Richards to respond as to which ingredients he thinks would possibly have a fatal interraction with my Lexapro because to be honest, I'd like to take this, but if he can convince me, which he's already come close to doing, I'll throw it out.

I'm just super curious, especially when it comes to drugs, by nature, and they made this stuff sound great, but of course that was their intention lol.

I think that probably just taking something with over 50 ingredients in general is obviously a bigger risk everyone would agree, rather than taking them individually, which is why I was also interested in his opinion, or yours or anyone else's, on which of those ingredients probably have the biggest effects they are going for in their users??

The DL Phenylaline?

What's up with that stuff?

I heard it can raise blood pressure and is a stimulant so I'm questioning if that is safe to take.

The Noopept??

Do people here like that?

They kind of claimed it give all this energy and increased cognition.

Phenylalanine is a aminoacid its in there. Because your body cab convert it to dopamine and then noradrenaline. However, how much dopamine your body makes is tightly regulated and increasing phenylalanine wont have any effect on dopamine in the brain which is associated with cognition. Your body already makes all the phenylalanine it wants from hydrolysis of protein in your food. The reason it is supposedly a stimulant is because it looks like phenylethylamine which looks like amphetamine however the carboxyl group on the phenylalanine makes it too bulky to have any shot crossing into the brain and attaching to receptors displacing noradrenaline.

Noopept isa synthetic research chemical. I have taken before. I dont remember any side effects at 2 to 5 mg but I think they could do a better job at making the consumer more aware that noopept is one of the new chemicals unlike say piracetam or caffeine it is not used in medicine and does not have the same amount of research showing the long term effects. So your basically taking a chemical with little data on it atleast you know what could happen with caffeine.

Phenylalanine is a aminoacid its in there. Because your body cab convert it to dopamine and then noradrenaline. However, how much dopamine your body makes is tightly regulated and increasing phenylalanine wont have any effect on dopamine in the brain which is associated with cognition. Your body already makes all the phenylalanine it wants from hydrolysis of protein in your food. The reason it is supposedly a stimulant is because it looks like phenylethylamine which looks like amphetamine however the carboxyl group on the phenylalanine makes it too bulky to have any shot crossing into the brain and attaching to receptors displacing noradrenaline.

Interesting.

Without having much understanding of chemistry this partially makes sense to me...makes me wish I understood more of this stuff.

But I think I get what you are saying.

So taking Phenylaline is basically pointless and doesn't do much is what your saying?

What about Phenylethylamine?

Cause I've seen that sold too and got them confused.

Maybe it was the latter which I heard was a stimulant which could raise the blood pressure and could be unsafe...is it?

Do you think either of those 2 is unsafe to mix with an SSRI?

And what is your guess as to which ingredients Keif Richards was saying could be lethal combined with Lexapro, so I know to avoid it in the future?

My guess is the reason they have that is because they use herbs and unlike drugs each herb has hundreds of chemicals. My best bet would be you consider green tea based on what I saw about those herbs ot seems that they are mainly standardized for polyphenols or antioxidants which supposedly have health benefits. For example if you give massive amounts of polyphenols after drugging a rat with scopolamine (a drug like benadyrl) it makes the rat black out and they electrocute one side of the cage to see if the rat can learn and the polyphenol groups tend to learn faster . However, this doesnt prove that they influence cognition if your not drugged into a blackout.

Therefore id consider green tea just normal from the store green tea has huge amounts like 50 percent polyphenol by weight, l theanine , and caffeine

Phenylethylamine is still not very active but if you take it with a maoi it can kill you. methylPhenylethylamine is amphetamine which is very active and meth methylphenylethylamine im tired know I messed those names up lol is crystal meth.

In otherwords, its possible someone it said phenylalanine could cause stimulant focus effects or hypertension but I doubt that.

Phenylethylamine is unlikely to do anything but if you take maois it could cause death

Adding methyl groups to phenylethylamine is what makes it have such dramatic effects.

Sounds like it could be a scam, and some of the ingredients sound quite obscure and may or may not be safe. The odd mixture of ingredients, strange sounding name, and the nature of the claims just reeks to me as possibly fraudulent. It is possible that it may be effective, but part of me doubts it unfortunately. There are some good brain supplements out there, but they're just vitamins and/or individual herbs rather than strange and obscure concoctions. The way these kinds of scams work is that the ingredients generally do nothing at all, but the placebo effect causes you to think the supplement makes you 'sharper'.

I agree buy single ingredient suppleents then writd down the supplement and dose on a peice of paper with all the meds your on and bring them to each doctor visit even a pharmacist i believe can check too.

And at the cost if 136 dollars a month thats alot of stuff you could be getting