• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone else on methadone completely intolerant of heat?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
I hate - HATE it. I can't stress that enough. I never used to, but I become hot and sweat pretty much everywhere unless I'm at home lying down with the heat off, and the fan blowing (and air conditioner full blast in summer, but even THAT may not help). It's horribly uncomfortable and annoying. Clonidine may help a teeny bit, but nowhere near enough. The second I start sweating, it feels like I'm beginning to go through withdrawal which starts giving me psychological feelings of withdrawal, even if I've had plenty and just taken well over my normal dose of 220 mg - which is high, but it happened on lower doses as well. Is there any easily accessible OTC drug or even herbal product that helps significantly with this?? I don't want to go on any more prescriptions. All Clonidine has done is effectively make me withdraw hard from methadone whenever I run out of it.

I can't be in the shower all day, unfortunately :( Besides, it's the heat that I can't stand and am trying to avoid. I know you feel a bit better for awhile when you're in there and after you come out, but only for a very short time. Also, I can't even motivate myself to do something as simple as that!