• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone else have success with LSD for post acute opiate withdrawals or alcoholism?

ohgeeitsme

Greenlighter
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the psychedelics forum or somewhere else. So I apologize if there is a more appropriate location.
I've been doing opiates on and off for six years now, and drinking, mostly heavily, for eight years straight. My longest clean stretch off opiates was about six months, but I've gone a a few weeks to months clean many times. The post withdrawal symptoms are always the reason I relapse. My anxiety is debilitating and it's just so hard to find the motivation to do anything (even things I WANT to do). Keep in mind, that I even exercise for at least 30 minutes daily (sometimes up to three hours throughout the day) and eat healthy, and anxiety and motivation are still a problem when they never were pre addiction. The exercise definitely helps, but not completely. I don't drink everyday during the post phase because it exacerbates the anxiety and the hangovers are a million times worse, but I always WANT a drink on those off days.. very very badly.
However, a little over a month ago, after another opiate relapse and as I'm just about out of the acute phase (about ninety percent), I took some acid. It was a little more uncomfortable than usual, because of the mild withdrawals, but still an overall enjoyable experience. Even when I was feeling AMAZING, there was still some level of discomfort (but I didn't really mind). I've only done acid four times in the span of eight years and even once when my trip was mostly hell, it always ends with very pleasant feelings. Usually, an afterglow only last one, maybe two days. It's been over a month, though, and it feels like some of the effects are still lasting. My anxiety is almost nonexistent and I have the kind of motivation I haven't been able to get without a pill or drink since before my addiction years ago. I'm even still getting random feel good waves.
It really just seems like my brain has skipped the post withdrawals this time, when I'm someone who has always suffered from debilitating symptoms for months. I know everyone is different, and acid could possibly worsen symptoms in people, but has anyone else had a similar experience to mine?
I haven't had any cravings, whatsoever, for opiates or alcohol since the trip over a month ago. Not feeling the need to drink for this long, I think, is the most surprising. I've gone long periods without cravings for opiates before, but never drinking.
I'm curious, though, if it was the acid, itself, that changed me or the revelations that came with it or both.
Either way, I can now see why this drug could aid in addiction and recovery for SOME people.

I'm new to bluelight and was surprised to find this post, it basically i am currently in your latter situation and am glad to find that my premonitions about how lsd could help rather than hinder me, may yet be true. id love to speak to you deeply about your experiences :)

I was drinking every night. A lot. For we'll over a year. (I know it's not that long) but it was. I took some paper lsd with a friend and drank a lot on it. Idk how to explain this but after I slept all day I stopped drinking on weekdays and only occasionally on weekends and don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did before. (I'm waking up in 4 hours so I will edit this on my bathroom break at work :p. )