• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone else have difficulty deciding which drug to take?

burn out

Bluelighter
Over the years I have amassed a collection containing a variety of entheogenic plants and chemicals. However, I find the problem with having such a collection at my fingertips is when I have the time to trip, I can't make up my mind which substance I want to trip on.

you can enjoy lording over your stash - that way it lasts a bit longer.
at least you know where you put your tickets when you want to go.

Yes, I can totally relate to your "problem". Add to that, I always have a bunch of news drugs I need to try too, but often just end up taking one of the classics. 8)

Last edited:
Haha i really thought i was the only one who was having this problem.
I am really carefully with what i take and bad at making choices.

Lol you guys are not alone. I've been taking psychedelics for 4 years and always had maximum 1 or 2 on hand at a time, but now, I kinda have a much wider stash which gives me a hard time to chose when to trip and which drug/combo to do. Altho I gotta say, LSD is always a good choice! But I always had a good time with any other of the tryptamine class lol.

I don't think I ever have this problem. Time dictates what kinda trip I am gonna go on (ie a 4-6hr psychedelic vs an 8-12hr). Supply is a secondary consideration, my favorites are in short supply (2C-T-7, 2C-B, LSD, etc) so the favorites are saved for special occasions and the old stand bys are my general go-tos.

Like MGS, first decide time you wanna trip, then pick substance.

If i trio at the house its usually on a whim bc I am disso'd the fuck out. Will pull out 2-3 shorter acting chems and end up mixing them over a few doses throughout the night.

Yes, I can totally relate to your "problem". Add to that, I always have a bunch of news drugs I need to try too, but often just end up taking one of the classics. 8)

Me too. I really like what is familiar, and being how great the classics are (you can't really go wrong with shrooms, LSD or cactus imo) it's hard for me to get up the courage to branch out and explore new substances. Often when I get a new substance it will sit in my drawer for several months before I try it.

I do kinda miss the old days, when I would get some shrooms and be stoked to have them and then when the weekend would come there was no question about what I was doing. I was doing shrooms, come what may. That mindset gave me confidence. There was nothing to worry about, because I was ready to accept my fate.

Now with having to weigh so many options, suddenly there is a ton of room for second guessing myself. If the trip goes bad, I can't help but thinking "oh man, I knew I should have done the ____ instead." I actually find myself having a lot more anxiety in reguard to tripping these days because I keep second guessing myself.