• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anyone else ever done vinylbital?

Flynnal

Bluelighter
And if so, what was the experience like? I've done several barbs, the most potent one was secobarbital, but vinylbital came closer to it than Nembutal. I found Nembutal to be smooth, and it did produce a noticeable hangover if too much was taken at once.

Most of my barbs I did in 2001 and 2003, did Amytal in 2001-2002, then got some seccies from some dude who got them from only Lord knows where back in 2003. I had 10 of them to try them out, along with some midazolam pills that were blue. Then I did pento in 2011 and vinyl in 2014.

Seconal didn't last long enough to cause a hangover. I found vinylbital somewhere between these two. So my guess is if you did a "Tuinal" using Nembutal instead of the Amytal (as in reds and yellows instead of reds and blues), I guess that would feel pretty comparable.

One thing I do remember is that if I overdid vinylbital I would get nauseous. That also happened with Seconal. With Nembutal it wasn't as likely to happen or if it did happen I presume it would happen at higher doses.

The most I ever tried of vinylbital was 300mg and I vomited the next day after waking up with nausea. Was so nauseated that I had to fight the urge to puke when I was on the bus. Within seconds of alighting the bus I started hurling and kept going until I was dry heaving. Next time I didn't take as much, took 200mg and didn't get sick from it. 300mg was just too much. The most I could have comfortably taken of Seconal was 200mg too. Nembutal I could easily do 300 or even 400mg. But at those doses there was a rude hangover the next morning that seemed to last well past noon.

Anyone else ever done barbs and what was your experience? I understand these drugs are very rare today and you never hear of anyone touching barbs because doctors either never hand them out or they are not even being manufactured anymore (at least in pill form). My vinylbital was in the form of a powder, and it was "sodium-ized", as in, it was the soluble salt format, rather than the freebase as you usually see with some barbs (especially phenobarbital). I suspect the sodium salt format may have had some influence on its potency. But oh sweet Lord was it enjoyable! And so reliable. If I took even 100mg of it in the evening there was no chance of insomnia. No chance at all. I would be guaranteed a full nights sleep of 8 or 9 hours.

Last edited:
Never heard of it, sounds like a very old drug that hardly exists anymore so I'm not sure how you got it. Wikipedia has really nothing on it, neither does erowid which at least has something on Butalbital. Butalbital is one I enjoyed quite a bit, I don't remember what doses I was doing, I was experimenting with quite a few pharms that were lying around the house like Temazepam which seems to be a favorite amongst benzo users but the shit only made me dizzy even at higher doses.

I'm pretty sure it was a form with 325 acetaminophen and 60mg of caffeine or something, I'd down a couple and feel pretty strong euphoria, miss it. Was amazing for headaches.

Anyone else ever done barbs and what was your experience?
Actually, oddly enough I just had my first few barbituate experiences a couple months ago. And yeah it was like 30 year old or maybe even older. i believe aprobarbital. A old chemist gave me a bunch of antique vials and most of were empty but there was probably .5g so I got to try it 3x.

Ehh. I found it sedating but relatively bland. Worked great for sleep, and next day i didn't notice any obvious after effects.

While I'm really not trying to take benzos, I probably prefer them in general. At least some of them, are warmer/cozier.

I've done butalbital in the form of forever, I took 2 of them and then took a shot of vodka and I was feeling real high and nice, it felt like a benzos but stronger

In my experience, Barbiturates are just like Benzodiazepines. There are so many different ones. At the end of the day though, they are basically classified by their duration of action and this tends to inform the likeability of the drug itself. For instance, Phenobarbital or even the now unused Barbital (which is even longer acting) work in essentially the same manner as Secobarbital (Seconal) or Pentobarbital (Nembutal). Phenobarbital is not considered a recreational drug by most who try it.

As you already are doing, you can pretty much separate the Barbiturates by this metric. They're all pretty similar in the end.