• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone daily drug users ever force yourself to take a 1 month break?

Branggen

Bluelighter
I was a heroin/cocaine addict for 7 years, and all day weed smoker for the past 6 months since I stopped that, for this october im not drinking, smoking, and even avoiding caffeine as much as I can. The dreams are crazy, I never really dreamed that I can remember for the 7 years prior and its quite the experience to have them back, I feel like dreams are there for some kind of reason and that im learning all kinds of things from them. Its only been 8 days in but I am starting to view drugs in a different way, I still think they are pretty awesome but the physical/mental damage they can cause is a lot more clear, Im thinking with most drugs they ought to be a once in a month kind of thing, if that. Anyway, has anyone else ever done this and how did it effect you, did you enjoy it?

Not for a month but I get a 28 day supply of Gabapentin at a time and I use it all in 18-22 days. Partially because I abuse it but mostly to prevent getting physically dependant on it.
So it's like: 20 days on it then then 8 days off it.

Yes I’ve done this before and it is crazy how sobriety changes. The main reason you’re having crazy dreams is cause you’re detoxing from weed, marijuana is known to mess with REM sleep cycles and ultimately cause dreams to not really happen. When you stop smoking and you detox some of those dreams are definitely vivid and intense, quite awesome actually.

I’ve Also taken time off of drugs and had life realizations. Unfortunately now being on methadone a month of sobriety is going to be a difficult task to achieve

I could not do it. I know myself and I am way too impulsive. However, I have a friend who goes for weeks and months at a time WITH his drugs of choice in the very next room. He’ll stock up on a bunch of stuff then go on a binge for a few days, stop, repeat. No idea how he does it.

Does taking only my prescription medications like alprazolam, mirtazapine and levetiracetam count? Cannibis is also a critical part of my pain regimen too. I've done that sporadically over the years, but not too often. That said, only taking my prescribed medication and cannabis will be a triumph for me once I manage to get kratom's hooks out of me...

I try and do this once a year by going away to a secluded place where i know i can;t get any drugs or so on. In that time frame i detox from opiates and use subutex for 3-5 days till most dopesickness is gone and then just use weed and the occational benzo with shrooms. In this time frame i use a lot of shrooms and some mdma to get me away from my DOC. So for me its not a clean detox but a detox from opiates themselves for a month or 2. Does this count?