• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Anybody?

AshleaRed

Bluelighter
Has anybody ever had an easy first 2 days of opioid withdrawal and then it hit hard on the 3rd or later day? Or does the worst of it usually hit within the first 2 days?

Depending on your opioid of choice, duration of use, and route of administration, your withdrawals may just be getting started or may almost be over. I am not familiar with your situation.

Well, I just read your other thread and I would expect your withdrawals to get worse over the next few days then lessen from there. You should be ready for the next step of recovery within two weeks.

People that say withdrawals last 3-5 days do not know opioid withdrawals.

as jackie said, there are a lot of variables at play. for me day 3 was always the hardest, the one i'd almost inevtiably relapse on. i was addicted to heroin so can comment on that- day 1 would be crappy but i'd be mentally prepared and not lost my motivation yet, the worst symptoms wouldn't have kicked in yet. day 2 would get worse, by day 3 the symptoms that caused me the most pain, RLS and 'stomach issues,' would be peaking and they were just relentless. plus i'd done 2 days without so deserved a treat, right? if i made it past day 3, and i can count the times on one hand, despite having got to day 3 probably at least 30 times, day 4 things would be slightly better. day 5 slightly better again, stomach would be calming, still horrendous night sweats, rls, lethargy, depression. at this point i'd be physically able to do things like pop to the shops. the lethargy would linger longest and i'd still get intermittent night sweats over the next few weeks.

Has anybody ever had an easy first 2 days of opioid withdrawal and then it hit hard on the 3rd or later day? Or does the worst of it usually hit within the first 2 days?
For me, that was almost exactly the case. When I kicked my Oxy habit, or when I would be waiting for more and run out due to binges, the first 2 days are not so bad. You're still somewhat glowing and have residual effects leftover both physically and mentally. The third day is almost like falling into a room full of mouse traps and that's what you wake up to after the 28 minutes of sleep you actually manage to get. Days 4,5,6, and 7 are HORRENDOUS. Day 8,9 and going into week two you start to see substantial improvement. It's a huge relief and trust me it is around the corner. Brace yourself. Keep Gatorades stocked and nearby. If the cold sweats are as bad as they were for me, keep plenty of clean sheets nearby and clean laundry always. Beyond that, sleep it off. If you're fortunate enough to have the time to do so or if you're not working due to COVID or the dumbass looters, take advantage of this time. I heard someone say if you can't do it during quarantine, you have no shot. That really resonated with me. Wish you well during the next shitty week

Whatever you do, God willing you successfully quit, do NOT relapse, or take one or two a month from now. That is the number 1 most dangerous aspect of relapsing. Users don't realize how long it took them to build a tolerance up however long ago and just chomp on, say, half the amount they used to. 1 pill in many cases. Nodding off is the second most dangerous part, as dark as it sounds it is reality, that is when you die. If you can manage to keep yourself awake and your heart rate above 70% of what it is normally at, you'll be fine. Now don't go and do this and use this as a safety guide two months from now; I am simply warning you to do anything in your power not to give in. ✌️