• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Anybody got experience growing mushrooms at all? Or more specifically, anybody used any of those mushroom grow kits before? Are they easy to use?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
(Long-ish post, read this first paragraph then skip to '2.' for main info.) - (I also mention a link I am going to add, but I'm not sure it's allowed due to Bluelight regulations. However, this link is to a product that is completely legal and legal to buy/order etc, it's on the surface web. It's for research purposes in my case and nothing else, if I did add the link I would not be sourcing on how to buy drugs at all because the products it leads to are not even drugs, it leads to a webpage where you can buy the substrate to grow mushrooms and syringes with the spores...they don't sell kits that even have incubated soil as it's illegal to sell incubated soil with mushroom spores in the UK. I was going to post this and then if somebody could let me know whether I can share the link then that would be great, if I can share it I'll be able to fill in the blanks/edit it after I post this.)

1. I've been thinking about getting myself one (I will link it here if I can) of these but I just aren't very confident, no matter how many times I go through the steps. If I watch a YouTube tutorial, the grow kit will vary a bit and not be the same and I think "yeah, I'll fuck up and wate £50."

Anybody got any experience with them mushroom grow kits or even mushroom growing at all?

I know the basics like the fact they're super sensitive to bacteria & foreign bodies, they can easily get infected and then the whole process is fucked up if you touch it with unclean hands etc. I have equipment ready for that like rubber gloves and anti bacterial stuff.

It's been a while since I've been on their website but they have instructions on how to use the grow it on there but it isn't very detailed, like, it isn't specific enough. It leaves certain things open to interpretation as it doesn't put it in a way where there's only one possible approach and leaves multiple interpretations open on some stages. However, they possibly give you more detailed instructions with the product upon purchasing it that cine with the product. I've tried asking this but their communication is poor and they couldn't answer this simple question....I won't go into it, it annoys me thinking about it🗿☠️

Anybody here used a grow kit and can confirm they come with more detailed information as opposed to what is online on their website?

For the most part, I can understand the steps. I haven't looked at it and CBA to read through the instructions again right now, but I plan on getting some and growing them for research purposes + I will read through the instructions again.

2. I plan on growing Golden Teacher (just for research purposes only and no this isn't just me being jokey or 'el wink' about it when I say it....it's genuinely for research I want to do for myself). With that out the way, I also live in the UK and the climate is starting to warm up now, it'll be summer soon, so a good time to grow them indoors I imagine. I live in the loft (room loft conversion, "attic" for Americans) and during the day, it gets really hot, especially the loft space where there are little doors each side of the room for storage so the sun shines on the roof tiles and it gets *hot* in there. Would this be good climate for the shrooms (UK summers can vary, good ones averaging at least 20⁰C per day, it's slightly warmer down south, I live in the middle but not right at the top either. A good summer where I live would involve temperatures ranging from 20⁰C-28/30⁰C...so maybe 23-25⁰C as an average for a good summer. Anyway, would I need to keep them warm/hot throughout the night/keep them a certain temperature? Do they need sunlight/UV rays all the time or can I keep them in the complete dark - if so, would complete darkness work best? Or would a balance of light and dark or just bits of light now and then be best? Once I have injected the bag with the psilocybin, do I leave it after mixing it all in or do I fanny about with it further every now and then - maybe every day or few, or something? Which grow kit is the best/easiest here? - (this is where I will place link if it is not against TOS.) Also, how does flushing work?

I get the gist of it. Do you legit just pluck all the shrooms off it once done, clean out a container to fill with water, let the mass of soil (or cake, as they call it) soak up water for 24 hours, take it out, let it drain water, put it back and then it just starts doing it's thing and growing shrooms again? Or would draining any of the water from it after soaking the "cake' for 24 hours ruin it/ruin how much I could grow? Would I take the soaked cake and place it right back into its growing container?

Should I get a little tent for it to sit in to keep it protected against bacteria better? I should probably re-read the instructions...well, I should have read them again before posting this but oh well. I sorta knew if I did it would be even longer (ADHD - hyperfixation) so it's good in a way. I'll post this and then read it and if anybody replies with tips then I can go from there. Also, I plan on growing golden teacher, is there a temperature that is best for this strain to grow in? How would I control this temperature (if it gets too hot for instance.) There's probs more questions I left out but I'll leave it here as the post is long enough at it is lol. Someone lmk about the terms of service about linking to this website too as there more questions I want to ask that would involve me leaving the link, thanks!

One more thing, does anybody just have any general tips/info about it they'd like to share? Anything I can do to make sure they succeed in growing? Any extra equipment I can get to increase the chances of a bountiful harvest and lower the chances of it getting infected?? Anything would be greatly appreciated, thank you!:)

Okay no worries, are source links banned completely as in no links at all are allowed to be posted here on this website at all on posts?
Like, no sourcing, whatsoever. Can't talk about websites that distribute things by name, can't ask for sources, can't post links to legal grey area stuff like spore kits. We can discuss peoples' experiences with growing and kits, just not specific kits or where they procured their spores from, etc.

Regular links (i.e. Youtube, new articles, photos, etc.) are of course permitted.

I've grown mushies before, I used the PF Tek off The Shroomery (which would be a much better source for growing advice) and it was quite easy, but my yields were lower than desired due to one jar lost to contamination and then too dry of a growing area. Humidity, oxygen, temperature, and cleanliness are paramount.

Like, no sourcing, whatsoever. Can't talk about websites that distribute things by name, can't ask for sources, can't post links to legal grey area stuff like spore kits. We can discuss peoples' experiences with growing and kits, just not specific kits or where they procured their spores from, etc.

Regular links (i.e. Youtube, new articles, photos, etc.) are of course permitted.

I've grown mushies before, I used the PF Tek off The Shroomery (which would be a much better source for growing advice) and it was quite easy, but my yields were lower than desired due to one jar lost to contamination and then too dry of a growing area. Humidity, oxygen, temperature, and cleanliness are paramount.
Okay, thanks for all of the info, I appreciate it a lot! I will keep that in mind and won't source things like I almost did, I'm glad I asked!

Also, I made a post about identifying whether these Bensedin Valiums I had were legit and I unknowingly broke TOS. Thing is, I've already had them tested and already know they're actual valium, I was just trying to ID the brand and not the chemical if you get me? Is that still TOS?

And is "The Shroomery" a forum of sorts like this but for shrooms? Might repost my post from here on there but edit it a bit. Thanks again👍

(◡ ω ◡)

And is "The Shroomery" a forum of sorts like this but for shrooms?
The Shroomery

Also, I made a post about identifying whether these Bensedin Valiums I had were legit and I unknowingly broke TOS. Thing is, I've already had them tested and already know they're actual valium, I was just trying to ID the brand and not the chemical if you get me? Is that still TOS?
In regards to this, I'd say it's still not allowed. The reason is, there is absolutely no way 100% we can identify anything for you via photos, etc. over the web. It would just be a bad practice, so it is verboten. Even just trying to verify the brand, we can't 100% help you, so it's all a guessing game. Only the manufacturer could verify the brand for you I suppose.

I second what @Cream Gravy? said. The Shroomery is a much better place for growing advice.
They have a forum and a Discord, so you should head over to either of the two platforms to ask what the folks over there think.

Youll get better info and more users with experience over at the shroomery. Good site, that and bluelight are my only forums these days.

The Shroomery

In regards to this, I'd say it's still not allowed. The reason is, there is absolutely no way 100% we can identify anything for you via photos, etc. over the web. It would just be a bad practice, so it is verboten. Even just trying to verify the brand, we can't 100% help you, so it's all a guessing game. Only the manufacturer could verify the brand for you I suppose.
That's fair enough, I understand! As a forum there's a lot of responsibility that sits on your shoulders and you need to keep the rules the rules despite instances like this considering how easy it is to get into legal trouble these days!

Also, thanks for the link to The Shroomery. I'll definitely give it a skeg! Want advice on how to make my own incubator because the pre-made ones are well overpriced!😅

The Shroomery is the place for all your answers.As far as incubators go large plastic tubs work quite fine in the right conditions.Careful sterilization and procedure a must...otherwise you are doomed to fail.Good Luck

I've done a fair bit of research on mushroom grow kits although like the market things change.
Generally speaking, you'll find most seasoned mushroom growers will advise against grow kits. The benefit of learning the long way reaps huge rewards. Not only do you learn how mushrooms grow, you also have control over the whole process. When or if something goes wrong you have to learn what you did which means studying further the area you fucked up. The end result, after multiple failed attempts, could be huge yields time after time.

With grow kits, all these are is substrate that has been colonized with mushroom spores. That's basically a wad of ground the mushrooms grow on with the mushrooms "put into" the ground. Depending on the size of the grow kit you get determines how much substrate you get. You usually see XL and XXL sizes for grow kits, you're just getting more ground the mushrooms usually grow in in their natural habitat which theoretically, if innoculation was done right, means more mushrooms.

Here's the kicker. You're trusting someone else to do all this for you. Grow kits are mass produced and you're dealing with a fragile process. You do not know the QC for these production environments. Quality could dip and you are the bad end. You do not know whether the innoculation of the substrate was done correctly, whether there was any contamination during this process, whether the environment was sterile. Some grow kit buyers get substrate that hasn't even been innoculated with spores. Some get substrate that bears pathetic flushes. Some have to throw theirs away because the substrate starts growing mold.

If you visit Shroomery you will 99% be told the same thing.
The only downside of growing them yourself is the initial learning curve and then cost on equipment. It does seem appealing just ordering a grow kit and hoping for the best but that is literally what you are doing - hoping - and grow kits are not cheap! The money you spend on grow kits could be spent on your own setup which will serve as a base for you for years to come.