• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anybody ever quit Adderall cold turkey ?

MakoAddy

Greenlighter
I've been using almost daily taking anywhere from 20-100mg a day and I recently went 7 days in a row sober but I was so tired for work one morning and I brought some with. Anybody know how to help quit Adderall and possibly norcos .

Yeah, I stopped taking mine recently. Been taking 20-40mg a day consistently (upwards of 80-100mg sometimes) for several years and stopped about a month ago except for a couple of doses since then with no issues.

I wasn't trying to, just lost a lot of the nred temporarily. Felt slightly more tired for a day or two maybe but other than that I feel fantastic actually

Last edited:
I quit a nice Adderall and meth combo about 8 years ago. Was railing about 100mg a day. Slept for like 2 days and ate like a starving African child. Felt better after about a week. Never really had the mental compulsion to keep taking uppers. Was just busy and needed the energy for college party life.
Norcos I'd taper off of as they'll make you feel worse than the Adderall coming off. Depending how much you were taking, might be smart to get a liver test to see if you damaged it from all the Tylenol.

I tried to quit a few times, but I have been taking adderrall 120mg day for over 12 years and never stopped sleeping. After 2 weeks of NO medication, I still slept and eventually had to get back on them just to stop sleeping. Long term use of amphetamines will take months to fully recover from and thats hard to do if you want to keep your job.

Hi. I am new here. Past drug user and binger, mostly uppers and booze, prescribed adderall two months ago and this is what I find most challenging because I would like to take a break as I just keep taking more and more but even after only a month I could really function without taking it immediately when I woke up. I am up to 120 today. when I take it as prescribed it does wonders but I am starting to hate to love it.

I recently stated in my first post here, which was today that we originally wanted Vyvance since its less addictive, but of course in order to get your insurance company to pay for it you have to max out on the addictive drug.

I was prescribed Adderall three times a day 30mg three times a day and I did that for about 6 months and all of a sudden my doctor wanted me to take a class in order to keep getting Adderall script I said no thank you I'll just my sleeping was not right and I was very lethargic after about 2 weeks... You can stop if you're ready . Anything is possible if you are ready to stop

Ive done it many times. If using under the category of non-medical use, it sucks for a few days to a week with lethargy and grumpiness as the main issues but really not terrible unless perhaps you are taking ultra high doses. If you have a legit medical condition, expect symptoms to return and not really go away until you are under care again be it drugs or otherwise.

Norco on the other hand is a whole different ballgame. Opioid withdrawal syndrome is well documented here and elsewhere and can be brutal. I would like to know how much and for how long you have been using opioids first, but you very likely will need support in kicking.