• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Any ways to determine is a substance is meth or not?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
I know this forum does not encourage pill or drug identification because it is simply impossible and not concrete enough to be able to ID a substance through the internet...

However, I was curious if there are any methods I could use to determine if the substance I have is indeed meth or another chemical / chemicaks.

Such as the melting point maybe and a hot plate? or some other at home method which could possibly determine or give me a good indication it is or is not meth?

I really am starting to believe what I have is a Chinese RC cathinone with a half life of 72 + hours.

I know meth is strong but 100 mg of meth shouldn't keep someone awake for 100+ hours entering psychosis.

Thanks

There aren't any cathinones that last that long. If you bought it off the street it probably is meth.

You could construct a melting point apparatus but it wouldnt tell you much if you don't know how to use it and if arent able to really isolate the compound in question.

If this batch is all you've had for a long enough period of time you could also buy a meth drug test and test your urine for meth. Reagent testing could also be used. I believe meth turns greenish in the presence of mandelin reagent.

Any chance it could be a phenethylamine? Several of those are very speedy and can last for a couple days.

Also melting point can be a pain unless you have a fairly pure sample, since any adulterants will throw it off.

If you really want to know consider buying a few reagent tests, you order them on amazon, dancesafe and plenty of other places. A small bottle could possibly last you for years.

You don't necessarily have to buy the 4 at once. I believe Marquis, Simon's and/or Robadope are pretty useful.
I think some sites sell single use tests as well for much cheaper.

Last edited: