• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Any Vietnam Vets Here (ketamine in the war)?

Poppyfields

Bluelighter
I have heard of Vietnam vets having been dosed Ketamine during that war.Amazed I was to read this because the doctors would have known about the side effects,i.e. hallucination and all and Ketamina is a controlled substance in the States.If there are any Vietnam vets,could you share with all of us the your interesting experiences with Ketamine on the battlefield?

Well before my time but I was in Desert Storm and the medics still have Ketamine. Since it is the only anestisia that doesnt suppress heart and breathing rate it is widely used where there is no access to a resperator/electricity etc...
But the typical dose is about .5 grams so I cant imagine anyone remembering anything.
Plus if a field doc or medic is doing anything that requires ketamine, you have a few other things to worry about besides the free trip.
I dont know of any stories about ket being abused, though a few had fun (or not) with atropine that was issued as a anti-nerve gas agent.

Medics and corpsman still use ketamine on he battlefield. It is much more field expedient than any other anagelestic due to its low occurence of side effects inccuring loss of manpower. As for the atrophine included in the NAAK M1 (Nerve Agent Anidote Kit). The department of defense now has a regulation in place stating that not one combatant who is a medic can carry nor get administered more than 2 NAAK m1 kits without a corpsman or medic doing the administering, and even then can only be administered a maximum of 5. And deviation from this...even if required to save a mans life, is punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Lord help you if you ever get hit with VX gas cause it requires a shitload of tupamchloride and atrophine to counteract. Oh and this revision by the Department of Defense came about during Desert Storm because combatants were "losing" their NAAK M1 kits and also there vials of valium that were used to ease a person sufferring from a sever nerve agent attack.

Even more fun fact:
The old washed up salesman of a Vietnam Veteran I used to take to work actually claimed they would smoke out of said M-16 barrels. I'm trying to figure out how exactly that would work, but I'm not familiar with guns whatsoever.
I also have a horrible, horrible Vietnam Vet knock-knock joke, but rather than offend everyone I think I'll just go tell it to #otherdrugs.

claimed they would smoke out of said M-16 barrels
the m16 barrel sort of hinges so both ends are open. you get a normal old mans pipe, stick your ganj in and put your hand over one end of the gun barrel with the pipe going inside, the other bloke sucks the opposite end of the barrel.
saw it on tv.

Ketamine was a useful battlefield anesthetic in Vietnam. It's first practical use, however, was in Vietnam, as a safe and easily-administered battlefield drug for US soldiers. Its wide safety margin in dose administration was ideal for panicked jabs in the war zone.

Originally posted by i_luv_chemicals:
ever seen platoon? a guy gets a shotgun through a well shotgun
Huh? I don't get what you're saying ...

Originally posted by Ayrios:
Hinges? Wrong gun, I have one.
yeah it does sort of hinge. Take out just the rear retaining pin and the upper receiver hinges away from the lower receiver.
And yeah there is a compartment in the rear/butt that is supposed to be for the cleaning kit.