• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Any tips on how to NOT eat when high?

Houseeveryweekend

Greenlighter
Ok so call me weak willed, but nearly every time I smoke weed i eat way too much food! This means I'm spending loads of money on food, as well as eating ridiculously unhealthy stuff. Any tips on how I can avoid the sweet allure of take-away food and chocolate mouse when I smoke?:?

Spend all your money on weed. Smoke hundreds of times more weed than you are starting now. You'll need to start dabbing too, so that you are smoking so much cannabis that you see food money as more weed instead, since you'll probably be able to find some scraps around somewhere when your tummy starts rumbling anyway.

I had the same problem in the past, I'm a sucker for sugar and have extremely poor selfcontrol in this regard. This problem was very easy to fix though, I just stopped buying unhealthy stuff while shopping and once the munchies set in, I would be too lazy to go buy some thus ending up eating what I had in the kitchen = healthy stuff.

When all comes down to it though, it's all a matter of willpower. There's no easy fix when it comes to controlling our impulses, it takes willpower and it all has to come from yourself.

There might be some ways to motivate yourself though. What worked for me was to write down how much I spend on candy, fastfood and such over a month or so. It was more than what I initially thought it would be and that motivated me even more. Your high might actually improve too, as I bet you feel bad about having eaten that unhealty stuff as soon as your done with it, might even while consuming it. That takes away from the joy of being high. Not to mention that you'll feel better overall from having a healthier lifestyle.

Ok so call me weak willed, but nearly every time I smoke weed i eat way too much food! This means I'm spending loads of money on food, as well as eating ridiculously unhealthy stuff. Any tips on how I can avoid the sweet allure of take-away food and chocolate mouse when I smoke?:?

something small & sweet is supposed to cure the munchies. for me? well i don't 'munch-out' much anymore as weed doesn't affect my appetite as strongly as it used to.

food also kills the high for me so that alone makes me save my meals for after i come-down.

drink water and have something sweet and you shouldn't be pigging out. unless you're a pig even when you're not stoned ;).

but as long as you smoke weed, you'd crave sweets!

apples help a lot with my sweet tooth as well.

having lots of different teas on hand is good.. it's nice to have something to drink, different tastes and whatnot, but without putting a bunch of junk in your body. most kinds of teas have different health benefits as well i guess

Eat almonds/peanuts/sunflower seeds etc. Any kind of food with a similar nutritional profile (high in healthy fat, fiber and protein) will effectively act as an appetite-suppressant IME

Man i understand you so much, i allways get gas station food, 9/10 its the angus burger and slice of pizza its like heaven tastes so good when im high, but when sober its shit. Me and My girl started to cook food, when its 3/4 done we smoke, so when munchies hit food is hot and ready. I would recomend you the same started cooking food when its close to done, take a hit. So when munchies hit your food will be hot/warm and taste super good. Or just buy junk food in bulk like at whole sale place and munch on that itll be cheaper.

Get a protein shake/protein bar with casein in it. Casein is a slow digesting protein that will make you feel more full and helps satisfy cravings. That has helped me in the past. You could get the same thing from drinking a plain glass of milk but IMO a shake or a bar will taste better.

hypothetically you could just prepare healthy and cheap food, and have it cooked before you smoke.

but for me personally, i will become a fast food degenerate if i smoke weed alot, i also lose the motivation and willpower to shop/cook myself.

eat a big meal before toking if possible, then it's easier to say no if you can feel your stomach full.

Eat almonds/peanuts/sunflower seeds etc. Any kind of food with a similar nutritional profile (high in healthy fat, fiber and protein) will effectively act as an appetite-suppressant IME

i'm on a low-carb diet most days and roasted nuts are the go-to food when i have cravings for sweetness, cashews and pistachios and almonds and peanut butter, can get the nuts in bulk and it takes only 20-30 minutes to roast them yourself in an oven. the best part is taking freshly-roasted almonds out of the oven and hearing them crackle and pop even after they've been chopped up and into a bowl for consumption :D

quality nuts are expensive though, for a cheaper alternative can mix up a bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter and honey and that should be enough fibre and protein and fibre to satisfy anyone

I must have been the odd man out, when i was smoking weed back in the day i was really lean. it used to curb my appetite something shocking. So much so that the only time in my life where i haven't been overweight as a adult was when i smoked weed everyday. Hell the first time i went to the mental hospital i only weighted 48 kgs, sure i'm only 5 foot 4 but 48 kgs is way too skinny. There's nothing like being psychotic to make the kgs fall off. Maybe being a schizo means you don't get the munchies from weed as every cannabis user i've meet in hospital is skinny when they go in and gain lot's of weight as they recover.

As for the OP topic as thujone said nuts are good but vegetables like celery and carrot already cut up make a healthy snack. Tuna on rice crackers and smoked salmon is tasty and healthy and is easy to organise even if you are lazy and stoned. I really wish i could have handled smoking weed but tbh i didn't have the lungs for it. These days i hammer my liver with beer seeing as that doesn't make me paranoid and mentally un-stable.

Tobacco and amphetamines. Lol but if you want to live just eat a peanut butter and jelly preferably with whole grain bread. Or have some somewhat decent granola. I always eat granola for munchies.

Chocolate is a strong appetite suppressant. You might try a very bitter high-cacao dark chocolate, so you get the hunger fix without all the sugar.