• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Any terpene fans?

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Anyone experimented with cannabis terpenes? Much effect for medical conditions?

Absolutely! That's where all the action is these days. My personal favorite is Terpinolene and Durban Poison is where to get it!

My favorites tend to be limonene and pinene cuz they both usually occur in more wakeful/energizing strains. Also limonene can literally put a smile on my face, it’s like a mild short acting antidepressant. Pinene is great cuz it makes for great “getting stuff done” weed.

That said I also like strains with a body odor or garlic/onion type stank, not sure what terpenes cause these smells though..

Terpinolene seems to make me sleepy, maybe that’s the terp in Durban that gets me sleepy after the initial race effects wear off.

-GC

There are some legal THC beverages in Canada by ‘The House of Terpenes’. It’s a 5 or 10 mg THC nano emulsified tonic water flavoured with lemon/limonene, something else/myrcene and a 3rd drink (dunno which Terpene). The idea, so they say is that specific terpenes can/may give certain effects. The limonene One tasted very good and I would repeat purchase easily. The myrcene one tastes like chinese 5 spice powder. I wouldn’t buy that one again.

I’d love to see a Humulene forward weed strain.

Tom

Interesting experience I had...

So one summer couple years back I was in a different city for a family members wedding and had to spend a lot of time around family, including sleeping in the same place. I’m not used to this in the slightest.

I had a live resin extract that on a whim tried to dose sublingually in effort to relax a bit for sleep. The THCA in it is nearly inactive in that form orally, but I’ll be damned did I get sleepy and relaxed.

My girl tried it too with similar results. I tried many more times after to ensure it wasn’t a fluke. And also tried with other concentrates that didn’t work in such a way.

From my sublingual use of Salvia nemorosa I know b-caryophyllene is active this way, or at least this plant is active this way and contains this substance. As does Russian Sage which also has this terpene.

I believe if an extract has mycrene and/or b-caryphyllene in it, it’s possible it may be sublingually active. More experimentation is needed.

-GC

They definately have some effect then g-chem? I was thinking it was like those "flower essences"

Yeah interestings i thought the terpenes had no real psycho activity. Any one point me to any studies that show these are psychoactive. Genuinely curious

My favorites tend to be limonene and pinene cuz they both usually occur in more wakeful/energizing strains. Also limonene can literally put a smile on my face, it’s like a mild short acting antidepressant. Pinene is great cuz it makes for great “getting stuff done” weed.

That said I also like strains with a body odor or garlic/onion type stank, not sure what terpenes cause these smells though..

Terpinolene seems to make me sleepy, maybe that’s the terp in Durban that gets me sleepy after the initial race effects wear off.

-GC

Must be something else. Durban Poison is kind of been termed the "espresso" of cannabis. I mean, if you smoke enough of anything you can feel somewhat chilled or tired but Terpinolene is probably not your culprit.

Must be something else. Durban Poison is kind of been termed the "espresso" of cannabis. I mean, if you smoke enough of anything you can feel somewhat chilled or tired but Terpinolene is probably not your culprit.

Ya I seem to respond opposite to many when it comes to Durban and other related strains. It’s initial effects wake me up but 30min later and I get sleepy.

I also always smoke only 1 hit each session so I kinda get a good idea on the profile of effects, in other words I don’t think it’s from smoking too much.

Durban has been a decent night time strain for me cuz after like 20mins I pass right out.

On top of that other concentrates I’ve had with terpinolene have been sedating. A quick search gave me this...

“While some cannabis terpenes, like phellandrene, are known to have energizing effects, terpinolene may induce minor drowsiness with its sedative properties. These sedative properties may, in turn, reduce anxiety as the body and mind simultaneously calm.”

Everyone’s different though and there’s also THCV in Durban which is said to be energizing too.

-GC

They definately have some effect then g-chem? I was thinking it was like those "flower essences"

Yup. Not all of them are noticeable but some are.. Some are purely flavor. And flower essences is indeed bullshit lol.

-GC

Absolutely! That's where all the action is these days. My personal favorite is Terpinolene and Durban Poison is where to get it!

I fucking love Durban Poison because of the teprs. It has a really energizing effect to it that i love. Golden pineapple is another one with awesome terps. To bad it's so rare.

I didnt think terpenes were psychoactive on their own at least?

Or that was my understanding? If they are can someone cite me some info on this i would appreciate that

I personally wouldnt reccommed it but i have no actual firsthand experience on what strains are good for people with schizoid? (Schizophrenic) tendencies.

I would reccommend mainly an indica or one with a higher cbd content.

Weed can definitely exasperate anxiety so i would personally look to other medication.

Im sure there are people out there that use it tj
Hough and maybe they could give you their take

Anyone know whats good for schizoid tendency minded folks?

Ive had psychosis and ive found landrace Sativas to be the best. But since i can't get them anymore im stuck with hybrids like white widow, Pine tar Kush (a indica)
and Meat Breath (a indica leaning hybrid). They help alot but not as much as the landrace sativas like Durban Poison and Red Congo.

Nice, thank you for the suggestions, it is legal where I'm from so I can choose between strains. I'll check for durban poison or red congo first, thanks.

Nice, thank you for the suggestions, it is legal where I'm from so I can choose between strains. I'll check for durban poison or red congo first, thanks.

Basically i like the high THCV strains. The only ones ive had so far are Red Congo and Durban Poison which i got online as none of the legal places here carry anything like that. Make sure to get Red Congo not Red Congolese as those are 2 very different strains. Congo and a few other similar sounding ones are also different strains. It's the African landrace sativas that have high THCV content and are impossible to find here. On the online retailers i can sometimes find Durban Poison or Red Congo but it's rare. There are other THCV strains such as Malawi but they are rare as fuck and i can't find them. But we don't have nearly as good of a selection here as many other legal places for some stupid reason so no doubt where you live Durban Poison atleast may be easy to get but here none of the landrace sativas have made it onto the legal market yet.

Golden Pineapple is another really good one and one of my faves. It's my fav hybrid that ive had so far and my fav besides the landrace sativas. It's only common in the north west like in Washington and BC but i got it online. Indica dominant hybrids like white rhino, Dutch treat, Northern Lights and the landrace indica Hindu Kush i also like.

My biggest problem now is PTSD not psychosis as im fine on Latuda but the PTSD is abit more difficult to treat for me atleast.

Last edited: