• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any suboxone experts?

Bfox13

Greenlighter
Simple question. If I took a suboxone earlier today, then a couple hours later attempted to do a small amount of an opiate (which obviously did nothing), would I be able to take another suboxone and not go into precipitated withdrawals?

Simple question. If I took a suboxone earlier today, then a couple hours later attempted to do a small amount of an opiate (which obviously did nothing), would I be able to take another suboxone and not go into precipitated withdrawals?

You only would need to worry about precipitated w/d if you are using a lot of other opiates while not having had suboxone beforehand, and then trying to start suboxone. Suboxone + other opiates doesn't mean you won't feel the other opiate. Many opiates can exert effects while one is on suboxone, so I wouldnt say they "obviously did nothing," it depends on the drug and the dose. In your particular case you would absolutely not be at any risk for precipitated withdrawal.

I think you’d be ok. You didn’t get high cuz the receptors were saturated with bupe, so there’s no full agonist opioid to be ripped out when another dose of bupe comes through.

-GC