• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Any opioids sold OTC in Morocco or Albania?

Ton Croose

Bluelighter
I am not looking for specific sourcing information, just wondering if anything like Tramadol is sold over the counter in pharmacies in either of these countries? Thanks.

I'm not too familiar with the rules of this subforum, but in any event, when i went to Morocco the pharmacies i went to were buttoned up, not places that will sell prescription drugs otc. More likely to find heroin somewhere (no experience trying to find that there, I'm just assuming).

I'm not too familiar with the rules of this subforum, but in any event, when i went to Morocco the pharmacies i went to were buttoned up, not places that will sell prescription drugs otc. More likely to find heroin somewhere (no experience trying to find that there, I'm just assuming).
Thanks, that's helpful to know. I think it shouldn't count as sourcing as I am just checking if I can get something in the country to save me smuggling some in, which is far more serious than knowing whether pharmacies sell certain things imho.

Maybe I will smarten up before going and do ibogane to try and kick the habbit. That's what I am reading about now on here, after searching for clues about those countries dug up nothing.

to save me smuggling some in
Yeah that is a terrible idea. Have you seen the film Midnight Express? I'm pretty sure it was based on a true story about a young American attempting to smuggle Hash out of Turkey, which probably has similar prison conditions to Morocco and Albania.

Even Keith Richards had to quit the gear every time they went on world tours. His book is full of anecdotes about these multiple quits every time that he had to do that, so as to avoid inevitable disaster attempting to smuggle heroin through customs. I never quite understood that though, considering who he was, as to why he wouldn't have been able to easily find someone to help him acquire w/e he wanted once he'd got through customs and arrived in whichever country he was going to.

Even Keith Richards had to quit the gear every time they went on world tours. His book is full of anecdotes about these multiple quits every time that he had to do that, so as to avoid inevitable disaster attempting to smuggle heroin through customs. I never quite understood that though, considering who he was, as to why he wouldn't have been able to easily find someone to help him acquire w/e he wanted once he'd got through customs and arrived in whichever country he was going to.

I think Keith Richards is an anomaly. An outlier on the bell curve of addiction (if that even makes sense). Someone who can turn his habit on and off at will to pursue his love of performing.

Either that, or a fuckin liar... 😀

You know, there’s a thing called green catering. If pretty obscure entertainers with not too big public get it, hard to believe Keith didn’t know for it. So, yeah, plain bullshit almost for sure.

As for Albania, just be polite and you’ll get where you want to. On the other hand, if you fuck it up, you’re fucked really bad. Rather skip Albanian drug adventures if you don’t know anyone over there.

Yeah he must have had a wide range of contacts through a massive entourage. Maybe some aspects of the truth were stretched or omitted here and there for the sake of a good story. Which it certainly is. It has to be the by far the most colourful and interesting autobiography I've ever read.

But I really don't know. In the book he admits that the tabloid headline "I Snorted My Dad's Ashes" was actually true. He did try to rationalise and explain his reasons for doing this in the book, but obviously despite his best efforts that was always going to be difficult to pull off, even for him!

Honestly I never read any-ones biography but might his as I imagine it’s a good read. I think hardly any celebrities biography isn’t spiced up a bit.

Even Keith Richards had to quit the gear every time they went on world tours. His book is full of anecdotes about these multiple quits every time that he had to do that, so as to avoid inevitable disaster attempting to smuggle heroin through customs.

I bet that what this translates to is that by "quiting the gear" what he's really saying here is that he stopped using heroin and switched to whatever prescription narcotics his tour doctor prescribed him 🤔

When a band goes on tour the size of the Stones they take a huge amount of equipment, lighting rigs, p.a's, amps etc v v easy to hide a stash..Keith is being economical with the truth...plus v simple to connect in that stratosphere.

I seem to remember hearing a myth that Keith once had his blood totally replaced via transfusion to 'cure' his addiction before going on tour. To me, it sounded plausible at the time and what a great story.

But now I know that addiction doesn't work like that.

Anyone heard this pile of bollocks?

I seem to remember hearing a myth that Keith once had his blood totally replaced via transfusion to 'cure' his addiction before going on tour. To me, it sounded plausible at the time and what a great story.

Eric Clapton did the same

I heard something similar, that all the Stones did/do that once per year but not to cure addiction but to preserve good health.

Yeah that is a terrible idea. Have you seen the film Midnight Express? I'm pretty sure it was based on a true story about a young American attempting to smuggle Hash out of Turkey, which probably has similar prison conditions to Morocco and Albania.

Back when I smoked, I used to always take a little personal hashish or weed with me wherever I went on holiday, included Morocco/Spain/most of Europe. Only a very small amount at bottom of bag tucked away. Never had a problem. Always used to get a little thrill from the danger lol. Never did it to the States and certainly not Asia or anywhere like that. Always saved the hassle of having to source some, and there was nothing like the feeling of that first pipe on the balcony or wherever....

The guy in Midnight Express had kilo bricks strapped all round his waist. Once caught the punishment for that was very severe.

I guess you could get serious trouble even for a tiny amount of personal, depending on the country and the individuals who might have found it, and then eventually on the judge etc.