• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Any of these worth keeping? Going through medicine cabinet.

hotmoonsauce

Bluelighter
I'm clearing out my medicine cabinet and wondered if any of these were worth keeping. I'm a 100 percent disabled veteran with a myriad of issues. Daily pain and the occasional panic attack. The VA has thrown just about the entire medicinal library at me over the years. Currently I'm on 140mg Oxy daily and the occasional Ativan.
Some of these meds are a bit older so I don't know if they even have any potency left. My plan is to just throw these all out unless you think otherwise. Thank you guys.

Amitriptyline 25mg
Paroxetine 40mg
Hydroxyzine 25mg
Duloxetine 30mg
Zolpidem 10mg
Clonidine .1 mg
Lansoprazole 30mg
Baclofen 10mg
Cyclobenzaprine 10mg
Tizanidine 4mg
Lyrica 150mg
Metaxalone 800mg
Methocarbamol 750mg
Metronidazole 500mg
Cefdinir 300mg
Ondansetron 4mg

Most of them I only have a few (3-8) left in the bottle.

well me personally, I can't tell you what to take and what not to take because all of those medicines were prescribed to you for a reason. If some of them are expired then it would be wise to toss them. You can still get quite ill if you take any expired medicine.

I'd definitely keep the following...

Lyrica
Zolpidem
Hydroxyzine
Clonidine
Baclofen

The first two imo are the best.

well me personally, I can't tell you what to take and what not to take because all of those medicines were prescribed to you for a reason. If some of them are expired then it would be wise to toss them. You can still get quite ill if you take any expired medicine.
dont chuck them if there expired.

most meds are fine expired.

in fact they often get sold to africa and india if expired as its really a throw back most of the time from

the fda needing expiry dates.

ive even seen expiry dates on pure saline solution.

lyrica is often used by fans of downers.

It’s in many cases too a Best before date.

Use by, as with meat etc, can still be extended with use of sense, like smell really, as they need a little protection window so slightly overcompensating makes sense.

But like, Cocoa powder past BBE seems like good cocoa to me.

I had some unused opened Kava in a non airtight tub for 5 years, I couldn’t really tell a difference.

I feel sometimes the degradation impact is overstated, not always though obviously.

LSD is hella stable if you store it basically right shielded from the elements and extremes.

I mean you might as well keep everything just in case. Who are we to tell you want you should or shouldn't keep? I'd personally get rid of the antidepressants though, those are only effective when you start taking them everyday.

And yeah, most pills don't really expire if they're stored properly, the loss of potency will usually be negligible unless we're talking about decades. There are exceptions, particularly when it comes to specialized treatments that require a very precise dosing schedule, but I see nothing like that there.
Well, except for the antibiotic cefdinir (maybe), that one can definitely expire if it wasn't kept completely dry and away from sunlight, maybe get rid of it too if you've had it for a long time.

Hydroxizine and Baclofen I’d keep for a rainy day (I lean on benzos heavily and kept these around when I ran low on a script or wanted to alternate and stretch the script longer)

Tizanidine is a decent muscle relaxant. Cefdinir is an antibiotic which might became handy If you're into IV drug use.

Lyrica (pregabalin) is one of my favorite recreational drugs.

Amitriptyline

also cefndir

he said he's a disabled vet, he's elder. He might need some antibiotics too

now expired meds aren't that lethal, they're under certain shapes, for e.g u might safely take the grandma aspirin from 40yr ago while u might not take a nurofen from 2yr ago you know, depends on how you know the quality of meds. Here I can't go all in, I dunno either others might do but what I do know is that potency doesn't lose as easily as u might think