• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Any new tried and true help for Meth Addiction

jtknola

Greenlighter
Any new info such as new meds, supplements or anything worth discussing to help meth comedown/withdrawals.

It's tough, but I've heard from credible sources that after 12 months of sobriety, things should be much better.

Exercise and meditation are my main two.

There isn't any approved drug for stimulant addiction as there is for opioid addiction. But maybe Wellbutrin or Provigil might be something to ask your doctor about in order to see if it applies. They might attenuate the negative impact that meth withdrawal has on cognition, but they wouldn't work if you're still using meth.

Busy busy busy. Don't give yourself time to think about it.

Caffeine of ~300mg or less per day is supposed to be healthy.

Your brain needs to heal. Keep that in mind. Perhaps explore adaptogens like tulsi or ashwahganda (with doc. apporval). The former was a great help to me.

Have a good team of friends/family that you can talk to when things get particularly bad.

If you're depressed or bipolar and are self-medicating, first get sober then the picture will clear up, and therapy will start helping. It's a tough road, but it's the road of the victor.

Thanks! I recently tried Tianeptine for first time on day 1 after last meth use and I must say it surprisingly alleviated the whole meth comedown process. I just felt completely normal

Moved from Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion to Other Drugs.

Thanks! I recently tried Tianeptine for first time on day 1 after last meth use and I must say it surprisingly alleviated the whole meth comedown process. I just felt completely normal
That's not particularly surprising as i believe it has opioid effects, certainly not something you want to mess with to quit meth as it would be tempting to abuse it

Sorry for double post 1st attempt at phone! Beach fire,meditation, good weed, gabipention

What dose?

Keep in mind that tianeptine is acts as an antidepressant at a normal therapeutic dose of 3x12.5 mg per day.

If you kept taking >100 mg, then it's no wonder it seems like a wonder drug for meth comedowns - tianeptine also acts as an atypical opioid, so at high enough doses it isn't all that different from taking something like oxy or hydro... in fact, you wouldn't be the first person to get addicted to it and eventually end up doing several grams of it per day to keep feeling "normal".

I have seen shrooms cure meth addictions after one trip.
And I have seen shrooms induce psychosis in meth addicts after one trip.

But seriously I could definitely see a good trip changing a person's outlook on life enough that they're able to put in to practice the extensive work/lifestyle changes necessary to quit meth. But I wouldn't exactly consider that 'curing meth addiction'.

I suppose some people might drop it then and there and never look back but I would think that was the exception rather than the rule.

Certainly not a 'tried and true' treatment for meth addiction