• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Any long term users of kratom notice any decrease in cognitive function/memory?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So, I got my kratom dose down to where I don’t get any side effects, but still not sure if I want to take it semi-regularly because there was a research paper posted about kratom attaching to the cb1 receptor in rats and causing cognitive decline.

Has anyone noticed this with long term use? My brain is kind of all I got and am getting older so I don’t want to ruin my memory. I would imagine that cannabis would have more of a impact on working memory and cognitive decline, but I never really noticed it when I was using cannabis regularly for years.

Thanks all!

No, been using for 16 years. I have accomplished the completion of projects that other groups could not figure out. Large puzzles. :) Lot of banks money going back and forth through my code. (God help us lol) Just did 40 Billion dollar AP file for a client in South America. No room for mistakes. I also did this as a full fledged opiate addict years ago..

Hey, the mind is a muscle. I am not a guy that says benzos give you dementia. I know people on benzos for years that are high functioning because they exercise their mind. Same with kratom. We are chemical machines and take in all kinds of stuff.

Now while I say no, if you feel it is affecting you then take care of yourself and do what is right for you. Follow your gut.

No, been using for 16 years. I have accomplished the completion of projects that other groups could not figure out. Large puzzles. :) Lot of banks money going back and forth through my code. (God help us lol) Just did 40 Billion dollar AP file for a client in South America. No room for mistakes. I also did this as a full fledged opiate addict years ago..

Hey, the mind is a muscle. I am not a guy that says benzos give you dementia. I know people on benzos for years that are high functioning because they exercise their mind. Same with kratom. We are chemical machines and take in all kinds of stuff.

Now while I say no, if you feel it is affecting you then take care of yourself and do what is right for you. Follow your gut.
Thanks! That’s relieving to hear. Yeah, I’m always working my brain as well, mostly researching subjects I find interesting, like AI and quantum physics, and space. I’m no expert, but they just really interest me and my brain is really plastic right now from recent psilocybin use so I am trying to take advantage of that as well.

It’s hard to tell which research is lobbied or propaganda so I definitely wanted to get some anecdotal experiences. Thanks for your feedback!

That makes sense. I think I have been experiencing maybe a little bit of that myself. I actually find that’s the case with most drugs though to be honest, except psychedelics. Then again, I don’t use psychedelics daily. What goes up must come down, I guess.

Thanks for your feedback!

No cognitive deficits, but I find it eventually induces a general sense of anhedonia with daily dosing in the 35-40g/day range.
I've been noticing that and I made a decision to cut back on my kratom intake a few months ago. It's been surprisingly difficult to stick to my plan.

I've been noticing that and I made a decision to cut back on my kratom intake a few months ago. It's been surprisingly difficult to stick to my plan.
Me too. I did get down from 40 gr two years ago to 25 gr a day these days. I feel better. I need to drop. I have all the meds ready. Gabapentin totally covers me. But I have a million duties and I have not been able to drop. But balance is good. Take some every day same amount same time. 7:00AM and 5:00PM. Same amount and same time.

What weird is I feel the withdrawal but it is not too bad and if I had time and money I could tough it out. Dropping a half gram every week is easy. But so many duties call I need the balance. I end up taking my normal 12 g twice a day. So you know what I do? I thank the kratom when I take it. :) It is there you know? It has become a habit. With morning coffee and pre dinner.

So there, my addictions right now are cannabis and kratom. I guess it it could be worse. Opiates are my thing. But it is time, I need off. I want to feel again. Opiates cover up feelings like a buffer which is good at times and needed in this world. But emotions are good too. I do have emotions on opiates. Just more when I am not on them. Kratom is no different.

I
Me too. I did get down from 40 gr two years ago to 25 gr a day these days. I feel better. I need to drop. I have all the meds ready. Gabapentin totally covers me. But I have a million duties and I have not been able to drop. But balance is good. Take some every day same amount same time. 7:00AM and 5:00PM. Same amount and same time.

What weird is I feel the withdrawal but it is not too bad and if I had time and money I could tough it out. Dropping a half gram every week is easy. But so many duties call I need the balance. I end up taking my normal 12 g twice a day. So you know what I do? I thank the kratom when I take it. :) It is there you know? It has become a habit. With morning coffee and pre dinner.

So there, my addictions right now are cannabis and kratom. I guess it it could be worse. Opiates are my thing. But it is time, I need off. I want to feel again. Opiates cover up feelings like a buffer which is good at times and needed in this world. But emotions are good too. I do have emotions on opiates. Just more when I am not on them. Kratom is no different.
I couldn’t agree more! One way kratom helped me is I was going through a severe depression for about a month and when I started taking kratom it dampened my emotions and gave me a mood lift, but since taking psilocybin I don’t feel like I need it anymore.

Psilocybin really opened my eyes to some things and has had a positive impact on my mood, motivation, and relationships. I only intend to do psilocybin two-three times a year because I think it’s best if used this way personally. I think anything used in excess typically will have reduced efficacy and side effects. This is one read that I personally don’t believe in microdosing psilocybin. For one I didn’t experience the benefits that are talked about with microdosing and secondly it was shown in a Harvard research paper that psilocybin can cause heart issues if used in microdoses over a long period of time. I don’t recall the specifics but it was enough to convince me.

I really look forward to psychedelic therapy clinics opening so long that they don’t subscribe to the ketamine clinic style. I believe in legalization and am against prohibition for a variety of reasons but I do think it’s valuable to have a safe place with professionals that can help integrate the experience especially with ibogaine which may become legal in clinics. I really want to try inogaine. It seems to have the most promise in addiction and possibly trauma.

I will say that it’s bullshit all the kratom community on Reddit that tries to say kratom isn’t addictive. That is some bullshit that I learned the hard way. Anything that has the urge to redose and causes physiological dependency is addictive. I think kratom should stay legal, but I also think the benefits and risks need to be honestly communicated. No big Pharma trying to make it look bad and no AKA trying to make it look better than what it is ignoring the risks.