• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

any long term benzo users (10+ years) successfully gave them up?

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
ive been taking benzos for 15 years or a little more. for legal reason i have to come off them fairly fast. i need to get ready for prison where i dont get my script (human rights abuse? amnesty international??)
cruel and unusual
anyway i cut them out before and took lyrica and tapered the lyrica down to 200mg a day. i need to get off everything. 100mg lyrica sells for 10e in prison i cant afford that shit. depending on where i am i can get shit thrown over the wall or organise visits. but id rather just get sustanon 400 a vial of that will last me 20 weeks at 200mg a week, im waiting to go on trt but i took matteres into my own hands. 2 ounces of H could whole sale for 8000e my mate is only out and he made a fortune in there. i want to go midlands. but if im picked up before court ill be put on remand in cloverhill. where my mate has no influence or anything.

im only a week or so off the heroin and crack and methadone (you do get that in prison) i feel good i just feel weak physically and need to build up my strength to fight inside because if i dont have a knock and do ok i wont get any respect what so ever.

anyway the real question is how long did it take you to feel normal off the benzos? i stayed off for 6 months before and had to give up as i wasnt leaving the bedroom at all.

p.s. phenibut really helped but theres only so much one can fit up their rectal cavity. i might be able to bring enough for 6 months but not 4 years.

anyway the real question is how long did it take you to feel normal off the benzos?
Probably around 9 months. Had been on them prescribed for decades along with other meds for pain and muscle relaxation (soma).
My dumb ass just said f it and stopped them all outright as I knew nothing of tapering off of these substances until I came to Bluelight. Went through some very serious WDs and the experience left me a shell of the man i used to be for another few months so I would reckon a year total to feel like my old self.
The problem wasn't the use of benzos it was the abuse in my case, anyway. I would easily eat 4-5 bars of alprazolam (Xanax) a day. The alprazolam was real.

After that year was up I picked up some benzodiazepine, abused for a coupla months, tapered down and stopped again with little to no issue.
Another year and here I am on benzos again. Ha! However the difference in my dosage is therapeutic (low) and plan to keep it that way. Once in a while I will double or triple dose for a couple days (usually when I am having a terrible time with "life" ) but immediately drop back down to the lower effective dose afterward.
Benzodiazepine are no joke they can lead to many problems for us who abuse the hell out of them. If we can live and learn I feel we can accomplish anything we wish... repeating the same ol same ol usually results in the same ol results.

And yes I also feel that phenibut can help somewhat with the bnz WD depending on dose of benzos. Kratom can aid in this as well in my experience.
Healthy food, clean water, exercise (whatever you can do), finding Healy habits or hobbies to focus on, practicing self control (and executing this) can help a great deal to recover from long term benzo abuse, IME.
Hope this mess is over with as soon as possible for ya and ya get yer life back. Sucks to do time can't walk to the cona store and get ice cream at 3am (or ever). ;)
Best to you.
Always,
J

Thanks folks. I guess I've been taking 10mg Xanax for about 15years.
I've reduced from 5mg recently to 2mg cos I've the Lyrica on top I don't really feel the benzo sickness.
I'll taper down.

I've fuck all testosterone due to steroid abuse. I should be on trt but I'll be locked up or gone before I get an appointment. I'll take a few massive doses of HCG and see does that kick it back in.

I want have a bit of fun with the girls before I go wherever. But thanks for advice. It'll be a sly blade I'll be looking out for anyway don't mind a fair fight

I've been prescribed clobazam 20mg [BID] for 20+ years and I have run out once or twice because people have begged them off me (but won't any more) and I was somewhat edgy and anxious, but not as bad as I expected.

Benzos are just bad news. OK not as bad as barbiturates or Heminevrin (clomethiazole) but bad. I see a whole generation who don't remember how bad downers can get...

I'm glad you are cutting down.

Well a SINGLE 2mg dose of diclazepam (and it's active metabolites) can be detected in the blood for 22 days,

Crazy to think that the idea of dlclazepam was to produce a 'methadone of benzos' because it can be given once daily so supervised consumption would be possible.

But I truly believe that the Mexican cartels see benzos a a potential gold-mine. If the price were $10/pill tomorrow, how many people would just have to keep buying,

If flunitrazolam is fully active at 0.2mg, blotters are practical, the profit is vast and the potency makes smuggling easier.

I also see methaqualone coming back. If you know how to smoke it, it's every bit as likely to result in uncontrolled usage. You don't need to smoke a lot to get a crack intensity (admittedly different but as intense) with 100mg. If people will pay for £10 rocks or £50/g for coke, I see no reason why methaqualone wouldn't find a market.

It's low potency. 10 smoked doses from a g or 3 oral doses.
And when I've seen it on dark web it's about 70-100e a g

But check out "cheapskates method". Without going into it it seems like a totally doable synthesis.

The Cheapskates are fine- but look at the scale. Yields are optimistic.

Also a lot of work.

There are some references here that overlap that Vice article on making it.

Took them every day 1 mg a day for 6 years and quit seven years ago. Never went back. Almost everyone else never quit. Infact they all got scrips and will never stop now.

ive been taking benzos for 15 years or a little more. for legal reason i have to come off them fairly fast. i need to get ready for prison where i dont get my script (human rights abuse? amnesty international??)
cruel and unusual
anyway i cut them out before and took lyrica and tapered the lyrica down to 200mg a day. i need to get off everything. 100mg lyrica sells for 10e in prison i cant afford that shit. depending on where i am i can get shit thrown over the wall or organise visits. but id rather just get sustanon 400 a vial of that will last me 20 weeks at 200mg a week, im waiting to go on trt but i took matteres into my own hands. 2 ounces of H could whole sale for 8000e my mate is only out and he made a fortune in there. i want to go midlands. but if im picked up before court ill be put on remand in cloverhill. where my mate has no influence or anything.

im only a week or so off the heroin and crack and methadone (you do get that in prison) i feel good i just feel weak physically and need to build up my strength to fight inside because if i dont have a knock and do ok i wont get any respect what so ever.

anyway the real question is how long did it take you to feel normal off the benzos? i stayed off for 6 months before and had to give up as i wasnt leaving the bedroom at all.

p.s. phenibut really helped but theres only so much one can fit up their rectal cavity. i might be able to bring enough for 6 months but not 4 years.
I was on 1 mg Xanax four times a day from 1990 to 2016. I did not come off of them by my choice and really miss my great nights of sleep, helped anxiety and they helped with my migraines. My doc retired and the rest of the chicken shit scared office of the government started cutting ppl off of certain meds. And the way they done it was messed up, I should have been brought down gradually over a certain period but by no means it was cold turkey. It’s dangerous to go cold turkey on benzos bc one adverse reaction is it can cause you to have seizures and that’s not all seizures for the rest of your life. So if you stop taking them do it gradually and wean yourself off. About feeling normal I never feel normal anymore lol but maybe more anxious, edgy and hateful than usual for a month or so. And your comment about doing a suitcase, enough for 4 years was hilarious made me laugh! Hope something happens and you don’t go in there but if you do I wish you luck .

PS - Fuck the fuzz and the government they can go buy their own instead of stealing ours! Funny our evidence always 💨✨

Was prescribed 3 bars a day on top of 90 valium 10s a month, 2 years or so. coming off was hard, as i was abusing them very strongly considering my insurance would only cover 3 month prescriptions so i’d have hundreds of strong benzos. lots of withdrawals & lots of pain. i could never responsibly take them at all.

about a month of withdrawal issues or so.