• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any issues taking Oxycodone and Benedryl?

ScoobySnax30

Greenlighter
I am prescribed oxycodone and OxyContin. I have been taking those meds for about 7-8 years.

earlier today I broke out a little bit on a small area of my body. It is better now but it got me thinking,
If this happens again am I able to take benedryl and oxycodone? Not together but 1-2 hours apart

Never had an issue myself. Especially with almost a decade of opioid use.

Absolutely no issue, you may feel a little more drowsy than usual and a little less itchy but nothing dangerous. That's assuming that you stick to reasonable doses and since it sounds like you are purely talking about therapeutic doses i'm sure you will have no trouble.

I have taken relatively high doses of Oxymorphone for years and I generally take 4 Benadryl capsules around 10:00 pm every night. Makes me a little sleepy but not overwhelming. Point is, you should be fine.

Benedryl is diphenhydramine right?

I used to combine them intentionally. Potentiates the oxy and brings on the nod quicker and harder. Don't go over 200mg dph or shit gets WEIRD lol

Nope. Antihistamines as a potentiator have my seal of approval. Theyre not going to contribute to respiratory depression, but will make you more likely to do things like nod-out/fall asleep like you would prob suspect.