• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Any interactions between Diamox and MDMA?

RaverInDaForest

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelighters! My wife got put on Diamox (Acetazolamide) and I am wondering if there is any interactions with MDMA. I can't seem to find any informaton online regarding the interaction. Thank you for any information you may have.

Diamox is a diuretic and carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (CAI), so the potential for hyponatremia, which is already more dangerous in women, could be significantly elevated. Not just "staying hydrated" but using an isotonic solution (Gatorade) would be important. In high doses of either rhabdomyolysis and kidney failure could be an issue. Could be more metabolic issues also. All of this is just speculation, but electrolyte balance is a definite concern. So basically the usual harm reduction measures of starting with a low dose and seeing what happens, and typical harm reduction measures for possible negative reactions to MDMA (replacing electrolytes) apply. As for more specific interactions, I just am not sure. I'd be surprised if there were any specific studies on the subject.

Thank you for the reply SKL. My wife would definitely drink an isotonic beverage like gatorade or powerade if she decides to take the MDMA. We will still wait on more replies and do more research until she is comfortable. I appreciate the thoughtful reply!