• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Any information or studies out there regarding krarom and pregnancy?

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
Ok, so as many of you know, I?m a three year kratom user, and I?m searching for some information for my sister-in-law. She is 6 months pregnant and desperately trying to taper off low-dose suboxone before the baby arrives. But this is obviously a major challenge.

I?ve been telling her it?s probably best to switch to kratom ASAP, for a multitude of reasons, especially in light of being pregnant. Is anyone aware of any studies or general info about kratom and any potential harm to the baby? It would seem the child would be much better off upon birth, mainly from a potential withdrawal standpoint. But I also can?t be 100% certain the dangers would be reduced or altogether eliminated.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If I should post this elsewhere, let me know. I tried posting in other drugs first, but OD doesn?t allow me to post without a prefix, which I cannot figure out how to do on mobile.

There haven't been studies on kratom use on pregnant women so all you're going to find online are anecdotal message board discussions and user reviews. I found an article from Infant Risk Center that states some degree of transfer to the milk and to the unborn fetus can be expected.
(scroll down to the bottom) https://www.infantrisk.com/content/kratom

Your sister in law may be better off talking with her physician and going on buprenorphine-only formulation like Subutex. I'm going to move this to Other Drugs and you may get more information from experienced users.

i wouldn't chance it....kratom is a "dirty" drug....meaning that it hits a lot of other pharmcological targets besides opioid receptors...and god knows what that will do to a developing fetus brain.

both methadone and suboxone are proven safe for preganent mothers and the baby. nobody knows anything about kratom in this realm