• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any heroin users have suboxone not work on you???

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
Sorry it just has really scared me that when I ran out of brown I was withdrawling for like 9 days and three subs did nothing I still felt like death. I even used subutex and suboxone. Snorted mostly tho.

It's honestly scary has anyone else had this happen to them??? And does anyone have any ideas why. Year ago when I didn't smoke as much brown subs used to make me feel great/ normal. I used to smoke like a point or two of heroin a day. Daily. Now it's like 4 points to a gram a day sometimes.

Thanks

Well,its the thing that you go on the internet and read everywhere what a fckn miracle drug the subs are,then you get super high expectations until you try it.

I dont know if ppl with a small Tramadol habit or a Vic habit tried it and felt great,but truth is that if youre using a strong opiate like H,especially if its decent quality,subs WILL help,but up to a certain point,at least the first days.

If you are in WDs(and by WDs i dont mean depressed or anxious cause you got no gear,i mean AT LEAST some runny nose,yawning,chills) it will relieve some/most of the symptoms(depends from person to person) but dont expect to feel like youre on a full agonist.

But some chills might still be there,insomia too,bad mood,cravings,feeling kinda miserable and out of energy etc.

But the point is youll avoid the worse like when youre cold-turking and you puke guts,cant walk,legs are kickin all over,bones ache,wanna commit suicide etc.

So bottom line,the smaller the habit the better youll feel on Subs (dont expect the subs to do their "miracle" if youre banging 2gs of dope daily),the MORE you wait between your last H dose and the bupe,the more relief youll get,and most importantly,DONT get your expectations super high BUT dont freak out either.

Just be thankful youll avoid the worst and expect that youre gonna feel a lil bit out of it for a few days.

I had an extremely high oxy habit,- 4-800mgs daily. Weaned off in three days, went pretty much cold turkey for ten days except for some codeine CWE & weed, oh, .& lyrica.

Inducted on 8mgs .& god I felt a great opi buzz!! Never in a million yrs expected that!

You say you took three subs, what strength?

It really should work for you maybe you just need to find a sub dr and go higher.

Rtp

The first time I went on suboxone it was great. I was only shooting about half a bundle a day for a year at that point so my habit wasn't huge. I felt 8mg and got a lot of energy and mood boost from it (this made it harder to quit) but they helped my cravings and everything.

I only had a problem after I relapsed after a year of being off them completely, then they did nothing for the cravings. It was horrible I went from thinking they were the best thing ever to them just blocking the dope and doing nothing for the craving so I blew all my money trying to shoot up with the subs fully blocking it. It was not a good time at all.

Then I got on methadone and find it to be how I remember subs except without the energy and mood boost. I tapered down from 90 to 25 (still going down) over the course of maybe 5 months I don't actually know. But it's been an easy road for me so maybe that an option for you. I may actually like methadone more and it seems easy enough to quit, provided you go at a pace that makes sense for you and don't abruptly stop.

Last edited:
Methadone is much more restrictive however. Depending on where you live it can take six mths to get any takeaways whereas with subs I was able to get five t/s after the first week.

Going to the pharmacy everyday sucks!

Rtp

Last edited:
^very true but if your stuck it is better then trying to fool yourself into thinking your not stuck. Not getting take homes is but a small price to pay if you truly want out and can't do it yourself. I know some people here have to choose between a 2 hour one way drive an no methadone, I am thankful my place is 40 minutes round trip each morning. Beats waking up sick and spending half the day looking for money.

^ It's a tough life and when you get used to it, but even tougher to get out.
I mean, you feel normal and think you have cured the addition when you are just replacing it by something safer.
It gets you off any opiates addiction if you commit but it's not an easy life.

In regards to Sub I would recommend that you seek for medical support asap.
As OP says, it kills the w/d physical symptoms but not the depression and all emotional issues that follows the addiction.

If you are still having withdrawals, something with the dosage must be wrong. In some cases when we talk about subs less is more. But you'd have to be evaluated IMO.

I'm in talks with my sub dr about what we can do for my lack of dopamine & general low mood & motivation. This 5-htp (sp) thing is apparently a good way. Not that I've looked into it :/

Rtp

It was weird I just felt like the subs didn't work on me or if they did barely only tiny bit. They didn't ease wd pain like they used to year or two ago. I still felt like I was dying. And year or two ago they used to make me feel great / normal.

Thanks for the advice. It was weird maybe a break an being clean will help for incase I need them again someday