Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Any expiry date on NN-DMT?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Hello BL Fam,

Does the NN-DMT that’s sitting in a glass cartridge sitting at room-temperature ever go bad? Even after many years of inactivity? Thanks.

If you're keeping it in a dark place at room temperature, I'd imagine that it would take many years (or even decades) for noticeable degradation to occur.

as long as it's a proper extract and does not contain the yellow plant oils it will last just fine

I had a couple grams that lasted perfectly for at least 2 years, it wasn't even in the best container either

by "glass cartridge" do you mean a vape cart? I'm not sure if those are technically air tight? maybe just put it inside of another air tight container in that case

I've got some from late 2018 and just had a toke recently to test out potency and yep still as strong as it was when first bought. This was kept in a small zip lock baggy stashed at room temp. It has also turned noticeable more yellow and has a funky smell to it but whatever it still works fine.

Is it pure DMT in a glass vial or DMT in a cartridge? If it’s in a cart, dissolved in PEG, it will degrade and discolor with time. Regular DMT in a vial can degrade/discolor too if it’s not fully pure, only pure DMT can sit at RT for years and not change in appearance.

All that said, it seems the DMT is still active even after discoloration. And some believe it gets stronger even. I’m not sure on that but I’d say the character of the trip changes from my experience.

-GC

It’s DMT in oil(I have no idea what oils; it’s light brown color) in the pre-filled vape-cartridge that I purchased online. It is being kept in the dark and in zip-lock baggy.

It’s DMT in oil(I have no idea what oils; it’s light brown color) in the pre-filled vape-cartridge that I purchased online. It is being kept in the dark and in zip-lock baggy.

Ah ya those will discolor with time. I think it’s partially to do with how they work. Instead of adding fresh material for each session your in essence “recooking” the same product over and over adding fresh oxygen each time to further oxidize the product.

Vape carts of DMT are convenient and despite the discoloration I’ve heard them last for upwards of 3-4yrs and still work great. I think the oxidation mainly effects character of the experience and taste.

-GC