• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Any alternatives to Benadryl?

AsumiLuna

Greenlighter
For about 2 years now I've been doing Benadryl here and there and I'm just tired of it, even though its my favorite thing to do (i like it more than weed) and im wondering what is a good replacement? Ive heard dxm is similar but without the delirious effects.

One note too, I wonder why people hate certain deliriants, i know we are all diffrent but the delirious effects to me are so euphoric and feel so good.

hello, I wouldn't recommend these types of drugs you are looking for, delirants can be dangerous. you could get some nice visuals with other much safer halucinogens,but even in that case for a beggnner I would advise to take part in a trip like that only with a very experienced person by your side. you could try a low dose of acid,shrooms,truffles. I would recommend the shrooms or acid, I am not the biggest fan of psychedelics but they can be nice if you have the right mindset.

my first part of the advice would be if you are seeking visuals, although psychedelics on some doses don't give you visuals 100%, anyway you'll see with time if you give it a chance that there is a much more beautiful part to them than the visual one, the mental and spiritual one I'm meaning.

other delirants can be things like datura, but trust me they are deadly and nothing enjoyable comes with them.

people don't necessarly "hate" delirants, rather they avoid them because of the consequences asociated with the use of such substances.

welcome to bluelight and if you have any other questions you are welcome to start threads, just first read the user rules which you can find under the term of BLUA, take care!

There are a lot. Basically any first-generation anti-histamine, so:
1) Dimenhydrate
2) Chlorphenamine
3) Cyclizine
4) Doxylamine Succinate
5) Hydroxyzine
6) Promethazine

There are others but these are the common ones. Cyclizine and Hydroxyzine require a prescription but the rest are all available OTC.

This is extremely vague.

Benadyrl (diphenhydramine) is a antihistamine and anticholinergic drug.

I have no idea how many mg you are taking. This could be the difference being feeling "delirious" due to feeling heavy, sleepy, and confused. To full blown delerium seeing spiders, rapid heart rate, seeing people who arent there ect.

I take a anticholinergic everyday and i like it. However, i like it because it seems to reduce the side effects of some of my medications.

Many people like antihistamines because it may reduce some of the side effects of certain drugs and or increase sedation.

Im giving you the benefit of the doubt that this is a serious question because at one point i did love benadyrl.

Chemically enhanced gave you a good list of antihistamine alternatives.

If you are taking so much benadyrl your going into a anticholinergic psychosis. I can tell you from experience i do not recommend and over at erowid dozens of reports can confirm this.

I can not ethically recommend you drugs to get high. But, i will try to answer specific questions about specific drugs especially for harm reduction.

I would recommend you stick to just smoking weed (although i dont smoke). Diphenhydramine is simply too unpredictable at high doses.

I used to take around 10 (25mg pills), but i bumped up to around 20 to 25, ive never had any bad experiences with dph before and i usually never see hallucinations in full effect. I just want a better alternative mainly so i can get off of it because of how adicting it is.

If you find benadyrl addicting i doubt youd find any drug not addicting because just about every drug has more euphoria and less side effects. So you might want to backout now from drugs while you still can. I found it addicting too and ended just using a ton of drugs. Didnt end well hospital.

I usually dont get dependent on anything, i used to drink every day and sometimes id just stop for a month or a year (now its permanently with the exeption of parties) and i did coke once but I didnt reallt feel anything at all, so my concern to get addicted is little.

you don't realize how common is what you're saying about not getting addicted, if you are looking for euhporia we can have other alternatives for you, maybe you could try a low to mid dose of codeine and take an antihistamine with it (not recreational dose but a normal one) codeine isn't that harmful unless you get hooked on it and you'll experience withdrawal. but for euphoria this is the least dangerous drug I can recommend you, you can even buy pills over the counter depending on your location and extract the codeine.

I can't help you source, but at any pharmacy. you just have to search for over the counter version or ask your GP for a script depending where are you from.

in most places out of europe you can find it over the counter without a script.

As far as OTC highs, DXM is a much better drug than diphenhydramine (benadryl). Much stronger and better effects and not nearly as many side effects, though it is a pretty heavy drug. Also it's important to get products that contain ONLY DXM (dextromethorphan), as anything else they add in there is going to be toxic in doses sufficient to trip.

I can't stress this enough, be VERY careful with DPH. It is very hard on your heart. It prolongs your QT interval and can send you into cardiac arrest if you dose high enough or take it recreationally for an extended period of time. It is a calcium channel blocker and these effects are noticeable at high doses, most people just don't know that they are feeling the rapid and irregular heart beat or palpitations because they are too delirious. It has a similar action as bupivicane/lidocaine, blocking nerve signals to the heart at high doses.