• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

any advice appreciated

discreet_label

Bluelighter
I am not sure if this is the best place to post this, but i do need help..I came here several years ago, asking for info on taking ecstasy, because at the time, it seemed to be THE answer to all of my lifes problems. so i spent 2016-2018 basically rolling myself silly every other weekend, taking higher and higher amounts, and then taking things like 25-i, 2cb, acid, etc..whatever. anyway, i stopped everything due to personal issues, and i thought i would be fine..im not. i have severe sleep issues, mood swings, and i feel that my entire personality has changed somehow. ive tried to broach this topic with my dr, because im very very concerned, but they dont seem to think i couldve done any damage. i started out at 70mgs, towards the end i was taking at least 200 mgs at a time, redosing on occasion. im also older than i guess the usual user. my concern is that i will never feel normal again, i guess. its totally my fault, as an adult i shouldve done my research, but i got so caught up in it all.
anyway, should i try to see a neurologist? is there anything to help sleep issues?? ive been taking prazosin, but it doesnt help, nothing seems to help. :(

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Most doctors don’t have much clue on these sorts of drug reactions/conditions, they’ll often just throw an SSRI at it and hope for the best.

If there was some neurotoxicity taking place the only thing to do is find ways to rebuild the brain. Activities, foods and supplements which induce neurogenesis. I’ve been through this myself having to recover from chemo neurotoxicity.

Some things that are known to induce neurogenesis are; movement/exercise (cardio being the type to induce reliably, dance is even better), low doses psychedelics, low doses of cannabinoids, omega 3’s, and Lions Mane mushroom to name a few.

Essentially one must adopt a strict code of health to come back from something like this. On the plus side I can promise there’s people who’ve hit the MDMA much harder and recovered, there’s hope. 200mg at the end is thankfully still smart dosing, it sounds like you followed some Harm Reduction at least keeping the doses somewhat reasonable throughout.

I wish you luck and hope you come out ok in the end.

-GC

Yeah if it's mdma damage the only fix is healthy living and time. I remember for a period of almost a year after an unknown chemical sold as mdma gave me what felt like brain damage, I thought I'd never recover. I could barely think, I couldn't make eye contact with anyone without feeling an intense rush of adrenaline. People standing near me seemed to radiate energy that I could feel and made me on edge. My memory and social skills were completely broken. But little by little I got better, I actually rolled a year later on lab tested very high quality mdma and it felt like my brain reset, the remaining brain fog and anxiety just stopped. Obviously that could have just been remaining psychosomatic effects that were broken by having an amazing roll, so I don't advise that.

But time, healthy food, exercise, NAC and taurine from energy drinks really helped me. Going to a neurologist probably wouldn't help, but a scan and bloods probably wouldn't hurt as it could be coincidentally the result of an unrelated issue.

thanks everyone! thankfully my thyroid is ok, except that it is enlarged..i had to have a biopsy done, which was definitely painful, but everything is good. i dont know, i just feel like i went so overboard..200 mgs isnt too bad, but it was that it became my entire life. im very glad i stopped, even though i do miss it on occasion. i actually flushed my entire stash, 2 years ago..it was taking over everything, and im like ok you are CUT off, and then i started taking magnesium for the restless leg syndrome...but you are all right, i think adopting a healthier lifestyle over all is the move, i appreciate all the good ideas here :) :)