• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiolytic or CNS-depressant inhaler?

Yeah they do tend to burn when you get an injection of benzos. I always wondered why, but knowing there is alcohol in it dispels any uncertainty I have about it.

"Well i mean THC is fat soluble but you can get Sativex spray in Canada."

Australia really lagging behind the rest of the world there. The first medical crop has only just been planted, they are not telling anybody anything about the strain or what form it will be available in as a medicine, only that its' supply will be heavily monitored and that cannabis may be moved into the same schedule as opiates..

Just tried the rilmazafone (a water soluble benzo prodrug) in the form of a makeshift nasal spray. two small spritz up each side equaling around 2mg in total, my usual sublingual dose. Definitely working. Seemed to come on a little quicker, but not as quickly as I was expecting. Perhaps the need to be metabolized into an active compound limits the effectiveness of alternate methods of administration. Still a more pleasant ritual than taking a pill I believe :)

Actually does seem a little stronger than usual..

"Well i mean THC is fat soluble but you can get Sativex spray in Canada."

Australia really lagging behind the rest of the world there. The first medical crop has only just been planted, they are not telling anybody anything about the strain or what form it will be available in as a medicine, only that its' supply will be heavily monitored and that cannabis may be moved into the same schedule as opiates..

Just tried the rilmazafone (a water soluble benzo prodrug) in the form of a makeshift nasal spray. two small spritz up each side equaling around 2mg in total, my usual sublingual dose. Definitely working. Seemed to come on a little quicker, but not as quickly as I was expecting. Perhaps the need to be metabolized into an active compound limits the effectiveness of alternate methods of administration. Still a more pleasant ritual than taking a pill I believe :)

Actually does seem a little stronger than usual..

Sativex is only officially approved for a few things in Canada but any doctor who can prescribe controlled substances can prescribe it off label. The problem is that my insurance does not cover it and it would be cheaper for me to get a ounce of high grade weed then pay for that so i very much doubt i'll afford it anytime soon. Also when they finally open up Cannabis shops in my area i'll really have no need for it.

As for Rilmazafone as it's a prodrug i can't see it working intranasally. Flurazepam (brand name Dalmane) is a old seldom used anymore water soluble benzo of low potency with a fuck of a long half life at 250 hours. It fell out of favor because it was mostly used as a hypnotic and was too long lasting and not very effective. That's the only one i know that's water soluble on the Canadian market but i know people who have taken it orally and IV and said it sucked both ways.

I am surprised they haven't come out with say Lorazepam nasal spray for severe panic attacks and to stop seizures.

Yeah they do tend to burn when you get an injection of benzos. I always wondered why, but knowing there is alcohol in it dispels any uncertainty I have about it.

Yeah it burns like a bitch when given IM but i have IVed ampules of Valium and Ativan and i didn't notice any burning. Anyone who say's IV benzos have a rush is full of shit tough as they just quick in much faster there is no rush.

You can smell the alcohol when you crack open the amps of Valium ffs

You are so right. It just happens faster when you get IV ativan. That is their standby for panic attacks in the hospital I go to. I have panic disorder that was untreated for a long time, and I would routinely end up in the hospital.

I've heard that temazepam kicks very quickly intraveinously. Just something I've heard a few people say, never tried it. Zolpidem (ambien) as well. I was told the kick was comparable to dilaudid.

I will try zolpidem in an inhaler next time I have some, even though the tablets kick in extremely quickly anyway. It could actually work quite well and make for lighter doses to be taken.