• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Anxiolytic Effect of Erythrina mulungu extract

Well i guess Mulungu (Erythrina mulungu) isn't very well-known yet, but if you haven't tried it I suggest ordering some of the Mulungu 90% extract. It works very well for sleep and relaxation and has that valium-esq feeling to it, meaning it feels VERY similar to a benzo and not a lot of people know about it, which is crazy sense its one of my favorite legal herbs right under Kratom. Also, it won't cause amnesia like benzos can do sometimes.

If anyone out there has tried mulungu or wants to know more about it just PM me,. or reply to this the post.

iRiE-eyEd the Jedi

mulungu

Well i guess Mulungu (Erythrina mulungu) isn't very well-known yet, but if you haven't tried it I suggest ordering some of the Mulungu 90% extract. It works very well for sleep and relaxation and has that valium-esq feeling to it, meaning it feels VERY similar to a benzo and not a lot of people know about it, which is crazy sense its one of my favorite legal herbs right under Kratom. Also, it won't cause amnesia like benzos can do sometimes.

If anyone out there has tried mulungu or wants to know more about it just PM me,. or reply to this the post.

iRiE-eyEd the Jedi

any ideas on how to make mulungu extract? how do yu prepare it? some say heat a cuup of waterand pour M INO GLASS AND LET IS SOAK FOR 15 AND 45 MINUTES. THEY SAY BOIL WATER AND PUt mu and let it simmer closed and not closed for 15-45 minutes. confusing! can you please help? ernie

iRiE-eyEd the Jedi

I tried the 90% extract starting low and up to 600mg without any effect whatsoever. Unfortunately I didn't have enough to go on experimenting wit higer dosages like 1g+ as you did, but honestly at 1g+ it doesn't seem very cost effective to me...

Bumping old thread... Anything new on this drug? There isn't very much available about it, anything further would be appreciated. I just acquired the 90% extract, am considering starting out around 150mg here shortly.

I got this due to some pretty bad rebound effects from about three weeks of alprazolam at about 0.5mg/ day. Any comments on how this may work for me? I really just want to feel normal, hence the 150mg dose... any comments?

...Also, what to make of the similarity to curare poisons?

Ordered some fresh mulungu bark recently (almost nordic blonde in terms of colour), and in terms of strength in effects, its worlds apart to the old "dried" deep-red material I had access too. Two spoons of material brewed repeatedly knocked me out in a pleasant way. Much more effective than the old batch of dried material.

I think I would prefer this when coming down from some other psychoactive to other bensodiazepine type substances.

I guess time will tell how safe this actually is; hopefully it's not another kava.

What's the problem with Kava?

I have recently gotten Erythrina mulungu, for anxiety, but to actually used it yet as I have a very bad stomach at present and don't think I could keep a tea down, (would gel caps be as effective?).as I found Kava Kava just doesn't do it for me - I don't want to have to take it very regularly as the anxiety isn't that regular.

α4β2 Nicotinic receptor - same as epibatidine. For a long time, I've taken note that a huge proportion of people on neuroleptics are smokers. I posit that the reason is that it indirectly influences the dopamine levels in certain areas of the frontal cortex. If a relative of epibatidine with a bigger TI could be found, it would reduce the number of smokers and thus increase the lifespan and reduce the cancer rates. Simply by removing the -Cl & testing the racemate mixture (to simplify the synthesis a great deal) then it might prove a useful add-on. I think it could also reduce akathisia. As for the other side-effects, if it can selectively increase dopamine levels then it could remove MANY side-effects. I lack the lab & the funding. Does anyone know who is the leading light in the study of neuroleptics and specifically their side-effects. Heck, I can't even afford to patent the idea but frankly, having seen just how awful these side-effects are, IF I patented it, I could charge a minimal licencing fee on the understanding that a certain level of support is given to researchers be it money, facilities or staff.