View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety from lsd use

ad12

Greenlighter
About two months ago, I took one tab of acid. It was a great trip, I was with my good friends in a really cool place and there was nothing negative about it. I tripped over night, so I didnt sleep that night, but by the next night I was able to sleep and woke up the next day feeling totally normal. This was my fifth time taking LSD. I took 1 tab every time except for my second trip, when I took 2. My first trip was great, my second trip I was tripping a little too hard but I came out of it fine. My third trip was great, my fourth trip was not good because I was not in a good environment but I was fine in about 12 hours, and like I said my latest trip was incredible and I felt completely normal a day later.

About three weeks after my last trip, I was home for christmas break and hanging out with my friends. We smoked a joint, which is basically what we do all the time. I felt fine after we smoked, and went home to go to bed. As I was falling asleep, it was hit with a feeling of EXTREME anxiety. I felt like I was tripping again, but I told myself i was just too high and tried to get some sleep. I didnt sleep well at all that night and the feeling was still there when I woke up. I felt anxious for about a week after this. It would get better when I was drinking and hanging out with friends, but when I went home and tried to sleep it would always come back really badly. The feeling eventually went away but it was probably the worst week of my life.

Since my anxiety attack, I have been suffering from HPPD. I see visual static, visual trails, lights have small rays coming out of them, and sometimes surfaces appear distorted. The actual HPPD doesnt bother me all that much, but I have just been generally more anxious about small things since my serious anxiety attack. I'm not an anxious person normally, so this has been extremely stressful for me. I feel disconnected from life. Where I used to be extremely motivated, I'm now nervous about my future because I dont know if I will be able to accomplish the things I want to. Within the last two days, my anxiety has really come back, and I'm having trouble sleeping again, even with the ambien. I thought I was getting back, but this relapse back to feeling super anxious has me really worried.

Has anyone else experienced long term anxiety (its been about 2/12 months since my last trip) after taking acid? does it get better with time? I really just want to feel like myself again, I used to be such a happy person. Any advice or stories would be really appreciated.

Note: I used to smoke weed every day, but I've stopped smoking weed because it triggers the anxiety. I still drink alcohol and I take ambien to sleep