• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiety, clonazepam and pregabalin

Ignio

Bluelighter
Hey everyone.

Some quick background material. I am an recovering addict - I am on 60 mg methadone and 2 mg clonazepam daily.

Together with my addiction I am suffering from epilepsy and a variety of psychological disorders including anxiety.

My job requires a lot of international travel, and traveling is connected with severe anxiety for me due to some bad experiences earlier in my life. Last time I was traveling I got so wound up before leaving home that I turned back to some old addictive behaviors. Together with my normal dosage of methadone I took 240 mg oxycodone (2x120 mg OxyContin). It took me several weeks before I stopped this and got back to taking methadone only. It was mainly my anxiety for the upcoming traveling that triggered my "down fall".

Normally the clonazepam should handle the anxiety. But it starts to seem like this isn't enough anymore. I am experiencing small cases of panic attacks again as well. I would like to avoid increasing my dosage of clonazepam.

I discovered that pregabalin have been approved for anxiety treatment now. Hence, my questions:

Do anyone have experience with the use of pregabalin for anxiety - maybe in combination with a benzodiapine?

I have tried pregabalin before - to see if it have any recreational value - and it absolutely have no effects in that regard whatsoever for me, therefore I am not that afraid of adding pregabalin to the mix in regards of psychological addiction. I do not know if pregabalin have any psyhical withdraval symptoms however or if it is hard to stop taking after a longer period of prescribed use?

The alternative to pregabalin every day would be some alprazolam in the days I am traveling, but as an addict I know that is one of the most dangerous benzodiazepines to add into the mix and I could see myself ending up needing a dose of that everyday as well. I will have to address the travel matter in therapy obvisoly. I cannot avoid it and it will continue to be part of my job. However, this is not exactly a quick fix.

Last edited: