View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety and tripping

Plurple

Bluelighter
I tripped on 1 tab of 25i-NBOMe about 2 weeks ago, and I'm still in a funk from it.
I cried throughout the entire experience, I felt I was irrelevant, I felt stupid. It wasn't visual at all, just emotional whirlpool of crying alone huddled up under a pile of blankets. I felt too insecure and worthless to even text or call a friend to come over, and all my room mates were at work.

Now I have 2 friends wanting to trip on some LSD very soon, and I'm feeling very anxious. Like, I want to, then I don't. Just thinking about it makes my heart race. I don't want to bail on my friends last second, but I don't want to freak out around them either.
If I do I plan on taking one tab (could be 100-200micrograms) and smoking some cannabis to maybe ease my anxiety. Possibly a half klonopin or a xanax if I really feel I can't handle it.

What do you guys do to help with tripping anxiety? What would you do of you were in my shoes right now?

If you are still dealing with your last bad experience, i would highly advise not tripping until you have thoroughly dealt with your first experience or else you will most likely be so anxious on the come-up that it might ruin your whole trip again

If you are still dealing with your last bad experience, i would highly advise not tripping until you have thoroughly dealt with your first experience or else you will most likely be so anxious on the come-up that it might ruin your whole trip again

Exactly, and that's why I'm skeptical about it. The fact that I'm even skeptical is skewing me away from it.

Ive tripped about 30 times on mushrooms, once on 2c-e, and 4 times on lsd, but even with that experience, i will not trip if i even question myself as to whether im ready or not. Because if i was ready, i would not need to question it

Ive tripped about 30 times on mushrooms, once on 2c-e, and 4 times on lsd, but even with that experience, i will not trip if i even question myself as to whether im ready or not. Because if i was ready, i would not need to question it
^i totally agree with this!
If there's any question in ur mind it will find it's way to the light if/when u decide to trip. It may take a long time until you feel "right" enough to mess with psychadelics. I had a bad experience with some shroom brownies about 3-4yrs ago and I still won't trip because of it , I'm just not at all confident that I'm over it and can enjoy a trip right now. Whatever u choose I wish u well bro , good luck and god bless!

So, I ended up tripping on about 100 micrograms.
To prepare myself for the trip, I cleaned my house, smoked some cannabis, and made sure that I had a clear conscience.
We start listening to some EMD and mixing a little bit to help ease my mind, smoked another bowl, then I took my tab.
All in all it was a very wonderful self discovering trip with some awesome friends(I'd say a ++). I realized that I had no reason to be anxious or scared, and that I was just overreacting because of how my last trip went. If anything I can leave this trip with the lesson of how to control my anxiety and a better understanding of myself in general.

The cannabis and friends definitely did help quite a bit in keeping this experience posative.

That's great! Cannabis never gave me problems personally, but it seems a lot of people see it as a major factor in difficult experiences, so I just wanted to add that.

Glad to hear man. I find LSD to be much more loving than the 25i or 25c nbome.

When I was 16 I had a trip (doc sold as LSD)that scared me way from psychedelics for a coulple years. It wasn't necessarily bad just unexpectedly tripping fro 20 hours was daunting. Once I tripped again I fell in love with psychs and never had a bad trip. To this day I still get anxious before I trip. It's part of it. It's like when your a kid waiting in line for a roller coaster. You want to do it as the fear/anxiousness ads the the enjoyment.

Depending on what I want out of my trip. sometimes predose with a short acting benzo 2 hours before I dose. Ex: .25mg of etizolam or alprzolam. I find the longer acting benzos dull the trip too much. If I'm tripping wth friends or at a concert, just looking to have a good time I do this. If I'm tripping at home looking to do some introspective thinking and meditation I do not predose with a benzo.

I only tried the nbomes out of curiosity. The dosages ranged from 500-1000ug. I find it to be rather underwhelming but won't risk pushing my doses any higher. if you have the choice stick with LSD or even one of the readily available analogues/lysergamides.

Sorry for the ramblings... Slow day at the office

The only reason I took 25i in the first place was because someone sold me a blotter that looked funny, I figured out what it was, and decided I may as well try it once to see how it goes. It's personally not my thing, but I wanted to see what it was like.

That's great! Cannabis never gave me problems personally, but it seems a lot of people see it as a major factor in difficult experiences, so I just wanted to add that.

I have noticed that too, but for some reason cannabis has always been my go to for calming down. To each their own :)
It also kept my trip nicely plateaued for an extra hour or two.