• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anxiety and Panic attacks from Bad Mushroom trip keeps happening. PTSD?

interestedyogi

Greenlighter
So I took mushrooms for the third time three weeks ago. I had previously taken mushrooms 5 years ago and had a bad trip. I then took mushrooms about a month and a half ago and had an amazing trip. This recent trip was anxiety ridden, but experience had taught me to ride it out and learn from it, which I did. A week later while at work, I begin to have a panic attack and a very similar feeling to the bad trip I experienced, which freaked me out even more. I had intense anxiety for the rest of the day, had to leave work and stayed in bed. I had thought smoking marijuana would help, but it didn't and while driving fie days later, I had another panic attack, though slightly less intense. Since then I stopped smoking and it has helped a little bit. I've been able to navigate through the anxiety pretty well and it was dissipating. Then last night I felt sick to my stomach from something I ate and it must've reminded my brain of the nauseous feeling of my bad trip and another minor panic attack ensued. I went to bed and slept it off, but this morning I definitely feel like I've had a bit of a setback.
Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice you can give me? It's frustrating and incredibly inconvenient. I would really appreciate any help.

If the experience taught you to ride it out and learn from it, what did you do to learn from it? Are you ordinarily an anxious person? Because it seems to me that if you just went back to your normal ways and also continued smoking weed (a potent anxiogenic substance, especially post psychedelics or when entering periods of intense anxiety in your life) then maybe you haven't learnt from/realised the lesson, which to me wouldn't just be "don't worry, just ride out the next hour and I'll let you off the hook" but more along the lines of "you suffer from anxiety and you need to address this issue in your life". Psychedelics seem pretty resilient in enforcing this advice. First rule of acid club: no fear.

I have advice, as will others, and it will all be roughly the same and comes from personal, painful personal experience. You are in good hands round these parts and you can come out of this a stronger person.

But first off, I'm interested to know, what is your past history with anxiety and do you do anything to mitigate it? It's fine if you don't so don't be afraid to say, it's just a good starting point. :)

I don't really think I have any history of anxiety. I public speak, have had no issues with anxiety during tests or other situations. I remember as a kid having some anxiety, but only because I grew up strict Christian and felt awful each time I "sinned" I have had few situations in which I experienced anxiety as an adult. During those times I committed myself to being completely sober to anchor myself and to doing yoga. But those times were rare and I was under immense stress. I can be impatient and want to "fix" everything quickly, thats why I interpreted the trip as I did. I think that the trigger for me was I had smoked a lot of cannabis the night before I had the "panic" attack, was definitely "foggy" and since I was fresh off my bad trip, a situation where normally I wouldn't bat an eye, caused immense anxiety. Not knowing why and thinking i was literally having another mushroom trip scared the hell out of me. After that I was extremely "sensitive" almost like someone had pushed a reset button on me. I felt disconnected, had no appetite, and was very "foggy." I have my appetite now and was feeling more connected and less foggy, but since last night I kind of took two steps back I feel.