• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anxiety after MDMA use

Vaki

Greenlighter
Hey people I really need your help! On Saturday I took Mdma, we didn't have an electronic scale so we eyeballed but I'm almost 100% sure that I took less than 100mg (probably less than 90 too). Me and my friend had a nice roll and I even got a couple of hours of sleep that night. But the next few days I noticed that I'm starting to have anxiety for no apparent reason. I've never ever had anxiety before in my life, of course I would be a little nervous/anxious over certain events but nothing like what I'm experiencing now. Racing heart almost at all times, constant nervousness, trouble sleeping and remaining asleep, sweaty palms etc. I had a very mild hangover symptoms the next days. I started feeling the first signs of anxiety on Monday and it doesn't seem to get any better. Also I have been a heavy weed smoker for the past couple of months and it was the first time that I smoked weed before taking mdma, during the comedown (which was awful it made me very spaced out, numb and caused muscle spasms) and the next days until yesterday.

I'm veeery confused! My only guess as to what is happening is that mdma caused low serotonin levels and my smoking habit prevent or slowed down the production of serotonin causing me serotonin deficiency induced anxiety but I couldn't find any solid evidence on the internet about the correlation of these drugs and anxiety. Was this caused by the drugs or it was caused by something else that I just can't figure out yet? Please give me some advice as to what I should do in order to get better! Will it ever get any better? I'm miserable guys help me out please

Depression following MDMA use is definitely a common occurrence (and depression and anxiety very often occur together), but I wouldn't expect one night to cause anything serious. How much MDMA/weed do you normally take, and how often? Also, what is your bodyweight?

Guess you know what most replies will say but I'll say it anyway.

Firstly an eyeball dose is impossible to tell how much you took. Due to packing density of the crystal / powder even one pile compared to another can be very different if we are taking Mg. No way anyone could accurately tell the difference between say 100 mg and 150 mg by sight.

Secondly it appears you didn't test it.

So really the facts are you took an unknown dose of an unknown chemical.

You don't say if you are experienced with MD generally.

Not to panic is the first rule but personally I would try and now test the substance you took to at least try and evaluate if you did take MD or something else.

Anxiety and depression can increase a few days after MD for some users. It's a common side effect and called the midweek blues. what goes up must come down. Sometimes it lasts just a day sometimes longer.

Lay off the weed alcohol caffeine. Anything which may be stimulating. light exercise and eat well. Don't get stuck trying to over analyse.

If it continues past a few days then you will have to seek professional help in case of underlying health issues which may have been bought on by this unknown chemical and dose.

Take care

I know eyeballing isn't the way to go and I don't normally do it (I think it's stupid and immature) but judging by the intensity of the effects and the amount of the powder I think I'm about right about the dose. The mdma was tested previously and turned out legit though it's not the best possible quality. I have somewhat of an experience with it (I 've taken about 10-15 times, with varying doses). Also I'm lightweight (~45 kg) so 100mg is an almost big dosage for me. I don't use it more than once every 3 months anymore, however it's the very first time that I combined it with weed and had a heavy smoking habit for the past months, that's the only thing that's different from other times and I have taken larger doses without any anxiety. I have had apathy and depression for a couple of days but never ever anxiety, I almost had a panic attack yesterday. Do you think there is an underlying psychological condition that was triggered by the effects of the drugs? Thank you for your answers!

I think you need to relax. I don't want to say it's all in your head... but I think you're making things worse for yourself.
Ok, here's what you do:
RELAX! Go to the spa, pamper yourself, take a bath, light some candles, eh, this is more girl advice. If you're a dude, idk, yeah, still go to the spa and get a massage. Just chill, sleep, eat good/healthy food, try and get some nice exercise in, do something fun!

I think you need to relax. I don't want to say it's all in your head... but I think you're making things worse for yourself.
Ok, here's what you do:
RELAX! Go to the spa, pamper yourself, take a bath, light some candles, eh, this is more girl advice. If you're a dude, idk, yeah, still go to the spa and get a massage. Just chill, sleep, eat good/healthy food, try and get some nice exercise in, do something fun!

Yeah, definitely. Pretend you're sober/normal for a couple weeks :D and you should be able to distract yourself. It might not all be in your head but you would be surprised what a positive mentality can do for depressive/anxious symptoms.