• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Antipsychotic olanzapine still feeling the effects

perezboy240

Greenlighter
I have been feeling the effects of olanzapine for two months I have quit cold turkey. I sleep everyday for 12 hours, I have dry mouth and have an appetite the same as when I was taking the drug. I want to know how long can this drug stay in my system. If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

I have been feeling the effects of olanzapine for two months I have quit cold turkey. I sleep everyday for 12 hours, I have dry mouth and have an appetite the same as when I was taking the drug. I want to know how long can this drug stay in my system. If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
2 months AFTER quitting cold turkey?
Wow i wish ketamine effects lasted that long 😂
But seriously, how long were you taking it for? At what doses? Aparantly the half life is on average 30 hours but anywhere between 21-54.
I also read: On average, it takes up to seven days for most of the olanzapine to be gone from the body, but everyone is different 🤷‍♂️

Given the short duration of taking it I'm somewhat surprised to see that you're experiencing any effect whatsoever. Always knew that it was something that should not be stopped cold turkey my time on it was also short the first week or so it put me to sleep and god forbid I had a drink that resulted in blackout. After the first week it was okay as a mood stabiliser but didn't work as a sleeping aid, depending on what you are taking it for many drugs just plain haven't agreed with me and in said cases I stop taking whatever it is. Not heard anything about long term side effects from Olanzapine this is a good place to ask though failing that I'd be taking to your doctor or psychiatrist.

2 months AFTER quitting cold turkey?
Wow i wish ketamine effects lasted that long 😂
But seriously, how long were you taking it for? At what doses? Aparantly the half life is on average 30 hours but anywhere between 21-54.
I also read: On average, it takes up to seven days for most of the olanzapine to be gone from the body, but everyone is different 🤷‍♂️
I only took for two weeks.

Short duration and pretty low dose I couldn't imagine that unwanted effects would hang around for too long and I now remember how it effects ones appetite, hopefully you will be back to the norm soon failing that initial advice stands... Doctor or shrink