• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Antipsychotic no pleasure from orgasms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revv

Greenlighter
Hello I am 23 male that takes 100mg invega sustenna injection and since then am not able to experience any pleasure from orgasms

has anyone else ever experienced this? I would like to hear your story

I really cant imagine not ever having pleasure from an orgasm for the rest of my life that would be very very depressing ...

i used to take risperidone, 2 mg, experienced the same thing. it's not uncommon with antipsychotics.

if i were you i'd discuss that with your doc, maybe convince him to change your meds?

Unfortunately as said this is a common side effect from antipsychotics
However I do have to ask, you can achieve an orgasm but you won't get any pleasure from it? How does that feel??
Seems very strange to me, I always heard that it was just nearly impossible to orgasm

i used to take risperidone, 2 mg, experienced the same thing. it's not uncommon with antipsychotics.

if i were you i'd discuss that with your doc, maybe convince him to change your meds?

are you male or female?

what meds are you taking now?

Last edited:
Unfortunately as said this is a common side effect from antipsychotics
However I do have to ask, you can achieve an orgasm but you won't get any pleasure from it? How does that feel??
Seems very strange to me, I always heard that it was just nearly impossible to orgasm

I can orgasm (no feeling) and ejaculate but theres is almost nothing coming out its a really weird feeling and I hate it... maybe if I change meds or lower it will go away I really wish that this comes true...

This is a common side effect of antidopaminergics. Talk to your doctor.

Most antipsychotics are antidopaminergics; but not all of them cause sexual side effects. Some drugs like clozapine and mirtazepine are notably better than others - but it really comes down to personal physiology.

review of antipsychotics/antidepressants and sexual dysfunction
It is uncertain whether any particular atypical antipsychotic drug is more likely to cause sexual side-effects than others. A controlled treatment study (n=339) comparing olanzapine with risperidone found that sexual dysfunction was significantly less common with olanzapine (Tran et al, 1997). Quetiapine treatment is not associated with hyperprolactinaemia, which may be an advantage. A recent retrospective cross-sectional study indicates that sexual dysfunction is less common with quetiapine (18.2%, mean dose 360.5 mg/day) than with haloperidol (38.1%, 10.6 mg/day), olanzapine (35.3%, 13.5 mg/day) or risperidone (43.2%, 5.3 mg/day) (Bobes et al, 2001). An analysis of treatment studies with amisulpride indicates similar overall rates of all forms of endocrine disorder with amisulpride and risperidone (4% v. 6%); the rate of erectile failure was significantly lower with amisulpride (1% v. 5%) (Coulouvrat & Dondey-Nouvel, 1999). Both amisulpride and risperidone can cause substantial rises in prolactin levels.

I just hope there is hope for me... I think my pdoc will try switching to abilify... could this med help?

You need to get your dose lowered or switch...

You also can get a dopamine agonist added on.

You'll be feinding pussy again in no time.

I just hope there is hope for me... I think my pdoc will try switching to abilify... could this med help?

yeah, abilify is definitely a lifesaver in this case... it's actually a partial agonist at dopamine receptors so it shouldn't decrease pleasurable feedback nearly as much as say, seroquel which is a full antagonist.

in some studies, it didn't interfere with reinforcing behaviors, if i recall correctly, but still blocks euphoria from certain drugs so it could be used as an anti addictive.

interestingly someone stated that it could potentiate methamphetamine euphoria via partial agonism at the d2 receptors. NOT THAT I'M SAYING YOU SHOULD, specifically if you suffer from a disorder (i can't do any drugs other than pot and low dose stims because of my anxiety and depression, so i know, it sucks lol)

it's a VERY atypical antipsychotic. the only drawback is that out of both of my schizophrenic friends, both reported it having significantly weaker antipsychotic effects, they had occasional "breakthrough" hallucinations. however quality of life seems to improve for people who need to take meds in the first place.

I think my pdoc will switch me to Abilify if lowering my invega sustenna doesn't work I heard Abilify is a partial agonist... how much does it agonize the receptors?

I guess abilify is the only partial agonist so I hope this med works for me

Last edited:
Find the volcano centre part of the pimple by rolling the shank of a pin or needle across the pimple. Gently centre it in a squeeze then using the sterilized pin, prick the centre of the pimple. You may have to prick 3 to 5 mm deep at right angles to the skin, depending on the size of the pimple. The idea is to lance the pimple, to make a hole for the infection to come out. Squeeze the infection out of the hole, just like a volcano erupting. Because the skin has a hole, it is not tearing and there will be no scarring as long as you haven’t squeezed too hard. Remember the idea is to make a hole for it to come out, so the hole has to be accurate and into the infection core.
Sterilize the skin with alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.