• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids antihistamines to potentiate opioids?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I always take diphenhydramine (benadryl) with my opioids to potentiate it and it works quite well, so i was wondering if there's any other antihistamines that also potentiate opioids. If there are, would it be safe to combine all three, and how much should I decrease the opioid dose by? Thanks :)

Lemme guess, you use codeine-based Morphin analog and benadryl before using it. It is simple liver enzyme jam, like a monday 6 am in the highway. But in your liver and stomach making it take more time to transform in to the morphine based morphinan corresponding to the codeine one I earlier guessed. This + DPH which increase drowsiness and reduce physical side effects by histamine released by opiates and also increase body relaxation if taken at dose over 100mg Muscarinic Antagonist activity.
They usually increase sedation without analgesia but decreasing histamine side effect so really low Anti-histamine and low opiate would be good to skip the side effect and the possible OD.

I do not understand why you would want to add another antihistamine to your Diphenhydramine/opiate cocktail? If that's not doing it, why not just up the dose of the opiate? Adding another antihistamine is just going to make the effects of the antihistamines (delirium) more prominent which most people don't find pleasant. If you want to know other antihistamines that you could experiment with instead of the diph. Then Hydroxyzine and promethazine are two that come off the top of my head, I like hydroxyzine, it's got some good anxiolytic properties for being non-benzodiazepine and non-GABAergic in general. It's also more potent than benadryl, with less of the weird side effects.

I do not understand why you would want to add another antihistamine to your Diphenhydramine/opiate cocktail? If that's not doing it, why not just up the dose of the opiate? Adding another antihistamine is just going to make the effects of the antihistamines (delirium) more prominent which most people don't find pleasant. If you want to know other antihistamines that you could experiment with instead of the diph. Then Hydroxyzine and promethazine are two that come off the top of my head, I like hydroxyzine, it's got some good anxiolytic properties for being non-benzodiazepine and non-GABAergic in general. It's also more potent than benadryl, with less of the weird side effects.

This
I guess you could take every antihistamine of the first (sedating) generation. But as Znegative said hydroxyzine and promethazine are the most common ones.

The only antihistamine that I've heard of as having euphoric properties was I believe, Cyclizine, which was in Diconal (Dipipanone combined with cyclizine), but supposedly even by itself cyclizine was a pleasant ride