• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Antihistamine effects?

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
Are myoclonic jerks a type of seizure? If you took more than recommended amounts of doxylamine, Promethazine and diphenhydramine together at the same time and had 20 minutes of split second whole body jerks every 30 seconds or so.... would this be considered anticholinergic toxicity?

I had the same thing. seened to respond to nicotine and caffeine so my guess it has to do with acetylcholine.

according to epilepy.com they are indeed categorized as seizures they're not life-threatening
they're most common when you're just falling asleep - i get them a lot in this exact scenario
they're mainly attributed to stress but you should go and get checked out regardless as they can be related to more serious conditions.

ive found the best way to avoid them is not to sleep on my back, and as the above poster mentioned, avoid stimulants close to bedtime (assuming they're happening for you at that time.)

Interesting when I taks way too much tobacco I get the basically opposite of what you describe instead of shocks I get brief muscle relaxation where its like im frozen . This is why I believe it may be rekatrd . To acetylcholine